How many years has it been since you compared lower-priced car insurance rates in Miami, FL? Miami drivers have options when trying to find the best price on car insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a better way to shop for car insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for a new or used and get the lowest possible price from Miami insurance agents and online providers.
It’s smart to compare premium rates once or twice a year since prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the best price on car insurance last year other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the fastest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Florida. If you want cheap auto insurance in FL, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Cheap Miami auto insurance rates with discounts
Some providers do not advertise every policy discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- E-sign – A handful of larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their insurance company to monitor vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
For a list of companies who offer online auto insurance quotes in Miami, click here to view.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$1,436||$718||$120|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$1,402||$701||$117|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$1,534||$767||$128|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,188||$594||$99|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$1,334||$667||$111|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,334||$667||$111|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,454||$727||$121|
|Ford Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$1,614||$807||$135|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,582||$791||$132|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,188||$594||$99|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,850||$925||$154|
|Honda Odyssey Touring||$1,512||$756||$126|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,582||$791||$132|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,512||$756||$126|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,484||$742||$124|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,484||$742||$124|
|Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$1,484||$742||$124|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can revise coverage rates greatly.
Four ways to get auto insurance cheaper in Miami
Many things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find better auto insurance rates.
- Discounts for married drivers – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums on your policy. Having a spouse means you’re more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Your age impacts your premiums – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive with other occupants in the car so auto insurance rates are higher.
- Better prices on cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
- Certain occupations pay higher rates – Careers like military generals, air traffic controllers, and miners usually pay higher rates than average due to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, jobs like scientists, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Miami car insurance agent
A lot of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important particularly in Miami.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your business. There is no need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Miami may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When shopping rates, you should always include price quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are Miami independent insurance agents that can give you free auto insurance quotes.
- Ekono Insurance Agency
11626 NE 2nd Ave – Miami, FL 33161 – (305) 757-6767 – View Map
- Leading Insurance Agency
1733 SW 22nd St – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 857-0075 – View Map
- JM Private Insurance Agency
7274 SW 48th St – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 908-1832 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Miami that are able to give price quotes.
- Clark Alvarado – State Farm Insurance Agent
5209 NW 36th St – Miami Springs, FL 33166 – (305) 887-9543 – View Map
- Rick Burke – State Farm Insurance Agent
2250 S Dixie Hwy Ste. 2 – Miami, FL 33133 – (305) 860-0616 – View Map
- Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Florida?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to adequate coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Cheaper car insurance in Miami can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
You just learned a lot of information how to lower your car insurance prices in Miami. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Miami car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Steps to buying lower priced auto insurance in Miami
If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance prices in Miami is to compare prices regularly from different companies in Florida.
- It will benefit you to learn about how your policy works and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as distracted driving and an imperfect credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Miami. If you find a better price and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, place the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
Even more information is available by following these links:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- How Much are Miami Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Car Insurance for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Miami, Florida? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)