It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest rate are highly likely to switch insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A study showed that drivers who shopped around annually saved an average of $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the best rates on car insurance is your ultimate target, then learning about how to quote and compare insurance premiums can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Truthfully, the best way to quote cheaper Ford Focus insurance in Miami is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers in Florida. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a substandard credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Miami. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you can, place the new proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
A crucial key to this process is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to analyze every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Miami
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
- Deter theft and lower premiums – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent vehicle theft.
- Frequent policy claims will cost you more – Car insurance companies in Florida award discounts to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Never have auto insurance policy lapses – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage may result in fines and jail time.
Teenage drivers cost more – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers are proven to be more careless when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Cheaper to insure women? – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Both sexes get in auto accidents at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
The illustration below shows the difference between Ford Focus auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
- Rates can be impacted by your occupation – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Careers like fire fighters, executives, and accountants usually pay the highest average rates because of high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers such as scientists, students and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Claims statistics for a Ford Focus – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Ford Focus vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Ford Focus Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Focus 106 98 90 103 109 111 Ford Focus Electric 87 85 66BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare quotes for Miami Ford Focus insurance
All major car insurance companies provide prices direct online. The process doesn’t take much effort as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. When complete, their system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price based on these factors. Using the web to get rates for Ford Focus insurance in Miami makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for cheaper prices.
To save time and compare rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This helps ensure you will receive rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Miami, FL. To get cheap auto insurance in Florida, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Ford Focus insurance rates and statistics
The premium table shown below highlights estimates of rate quotes for Ford Focus models. Having a good grasp of how premiums are determined can help drivers make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$636||$438||$26||$132||$1,500||$125|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$636||$438||$26||$132||$1,500||$125|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,612||$134|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$748||$438||$26||$132||$1,612||$134|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$308||$748||$494||$30||$148||$1,728||$144|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$308||$748||$494||$30||$148||$1,728||$144|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can change coverage rates substantially.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can change Ford Focus yearly insurance costs for each age group. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Ford Focus full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below compares Ford Focus yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no specific rule to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Ford Focus settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Focus in Miami, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Ford for a lot more money and make you pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Focus are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower rate quotes with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Miami auto insurance with some insurance companies.
- Multiple Cars – Having primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow companies to spy on when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – Many companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance carriers reward you with better rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Miami auto insurance quote.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Ford Focus insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums assume a female driver, no claims or violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, defensive driving training, anti-theft, accident-free, multiple policy, and good student.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for claim free, safety device, online quote, DriveSense, Switch & Save, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for exclusive group savings, new graduate, newly retired, new vehicle discount, and newly married.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for safe driver, air bags, company car, good student, anti-theft, and group or association.
- GEICO has savings for multi-policy, daytime running lights, federal employee, multi-vehicle, driver training, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
If you are trying to find cheaper Miami auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not be offered in your state. To see insurers that offer discounts in Miami, click this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents in Miami that can provide free Miami auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
If you would like to find a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect buying decisions.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They receive extensive training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Miami exclusive agencies that can give you price quotes.
Gus Figueredo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7950 W Flagler St #103 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 262-0440 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Miami willing to provide rate quotes.
CHECKMARK INSURANCE AGENCY – Auto and Homeowners Insurance Agents
1375 NW 36th St – Miami, FL 33142 – (305) 638-1280 – View Map
Persistent drivers can save
As you quote Miami auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price.
Some companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agencies. Cheap Ford Focus insurance in Miami can be bought online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about auto insurance in Florida is available on the following sites:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has the Cheapest Miami Auto Insurance for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Postal Workers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)