Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Florida insurance shoppers can save approximately 55% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates.
To save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from providers in Miami.
- Read and learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like traffic citations and a negative credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Miami. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One thing to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
If you have coverage now, you should be able to find better prices using the ideas presented in this article. Locating the best rates in Miami is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although Florida drivers need to learn the way insurance companies set your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
Compare Chevy Malibu insurance rates
When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons helps you find more affordable insurance. Not every company does online price quotes, so you need to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in Florida. To locate cheap auto insurance in Miami, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage information displayed next highlights detailed analysis of coverage prices for Chevy Malibu models. Understanding how auto insurance policy rates are figured can benefit drivers when making smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Miami which can decrease or increase rates significantly.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Chevy Malibu insurance rates for different age groups. The data is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy Malibu insurance in Miami
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with better prices if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance on a new Malibu can get you a discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Progressive and Allstate will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on the web.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The diagram below shows the difference between Chevy Malibu car insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, air bag, defensive driver, good student, and driver training.
- American Family offers discounts including accident-free, air bags, good student, good driver, Steer into Savings, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Travelers may include discounts for save driver, multi-policy, early quote, student away at school, new car, and IntelliDrive.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for distant student, electronic funds transfer, good student, teen driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, and early shopping.
- USAA has discounts for safe driver, family discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and loyalty savings.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for teen driver discount, multi-car, exclusive group savings, newly married, and new move discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Miami.
Why you need quality insurance for your Malibu
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Miami, buying insurance is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Florida is overpaying over $825 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Florida?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Chevy Malibu to commute?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Comparing quotes from local Miami insurance agencies
Some consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Miami who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Miami?
If you want to use a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies that you can select. Miami agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Miami who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
Gus Figueredo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7950 W Flagler St #103 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 262-0440 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you need to get some free quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following is a list of independent agents in Miami that are able to give comparison quotes.
Miami International Insurance Agency
2200 SW 16th St, Suite 212 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 856-3333 – View Map