The best way we recommend to get affordable car insurance rates in Miami is to annually compare prices from companies who provide car insurance in Florida.
- First, learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium and determine if cheaper Fusion coverage is available in Miami. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. Once coverage is bound, place the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who shop around for the cheapest rate are very likely to move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who shopped around saved as much as $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price for auto insurance in Miami is the reason you’re here, then having some knowledge of the best way to compare auto insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
Finding affordable insurance coverage in Miami is quite easy. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts you’re about to learn. Consumers just have to know the most efficient way to shop for insurance over the internet.
Finding a lower price on Ford Fusion insurance is an easy way to save money. Just spend a little time comparing rate quotes to see which company has cheaper Miami auto insurance quotes.
It’s so simple to compare auto insurance quotes online makes it obsolete to make phone calls or go to all the different Miami insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional guidance only provided by licensed Miami agents. Although you can find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Miami, FL. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in FL, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rate information and statistics
The rate information below covers different policy rates for Ford Fusion models. Being more informed about how insurance policy premiums are figured can be of help when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$552||$400||$24||$120||$1,376||$115|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$316||$650||$400||$24||$120||$1,510||$126|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$316||$748||$500||$30||$150||$1,744||$145|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$316||$650||$400||$24||$120||$1,510||$126|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$316||$650||$400||$24||$120||$1,510||$126|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$352||$748||$400||$24||$120||$1,644||$137|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$352||$748||$400||$24||$120||$1,644||$137|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific location which can revise insurance rates greatly.
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Ford Fusion insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Miami, maintaining insurance is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Ford Fusion but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Informed Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may result in big savings. Many different elements are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although others are more obscure such as your marital status or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the things car insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Married drivers get better rates – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your car insurance bill. Marriage may mean you are more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Consider raising coverage deductibles – Your deductibles define how much you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Ford Fusion has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Maintain car insurance coverage – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Florida motor vehicle department.
Type of car, truck or SUV determines base costs – The performance of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following chart is based on a married female driver age 30, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Ford Fusion insurance premiums compared to other models that have a range of performance rating factors.
Younger drivers pay higher rates – More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Teen drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Cheaper to insure women? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean women are better drivers. Men and women have fender benders at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
The chart below shows the difference between Ford Fusion annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Loss statistics for a Ford Fusion – Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage.
The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Ford Fusion vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford Fusion Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fusion 2WD 110 95 108 116 111 105 Ford Fusion 4WD 115 85 120 88 77 71 Ford Fusion Hybrid 125 97 98 92 93 95 Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid 128 87 91 88 91 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- What is the ISO rating for a Ford Fusion?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Cheap coverage is out there
Low-cost Ford Fusion insurance in Miami can be purchased both online in addition to many Miami insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
You just learned many tips how you can find cheap Ford Fusion insurance in Miami. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Miami auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
More learning opportunities
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much is Miami Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)