Are you searching for more competitive Dodge Ram insurance in Miami? Do you get exhausted from being strong-armed to insure your Dodge every month? You are no different than most other people in Florida.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop for lower rates will most likely move their business because of the good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved over $70 a month compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the most affordable Dodge Ram insurance is why you’re here, learning how to compare auto insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Steps to buying affordable Dodge Ram insurance in Miami
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost Dodge Ram insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies in Miami. This can be done by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current policy and submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. Once received, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Many insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to discover the definitive cheapest price on Dodge Ram insurance in Miami.
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Miami Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings on your bill.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially compared to frequent claim filers.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount should help lower the cost of coverage.
The information below compares Dodge Ram insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, accident-free, good driver, student away at school, defensive driving training, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good student, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for eSmart discount, anti-lock brakes, passive restraint, defensive driver, new car, and safe driver.
- SAFECO discounts include multi-car, homeowner, safe driver, teen safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and drive less.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for multi-policy, youthful driver, 55 and retired, good student, and safe driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
- AAA has savings for anti-theft, multi-car, good student, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-policy, and good driver.
When getting free Miami auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered on policies in Miami.
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Miami, FL. In order to find cheap car insurance in Miami, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rates and information analytics
The rate information displayed next covers a range of insurance policy prices for Dodge Ram models. Being aware of how insurance prices are established can be valuable when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$310||$504||$612||$36||$184||$1,646||$137|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$350||$614||$612||$36||$184||$1,796||$150|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$350||$614||$612||$36||$184||$1,796||$150|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$350||$614||$612||$36||$184||$1,796||$150|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$350||$614||$612||$36||$184||$1,796||$150|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$350||$614||$612||$36||$184||$1,796||$150|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$350||$614||$612||$36||$184||$1,796||$150|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$350||$614||$612||$36||$184||$1,796||$150|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$350||$614||$612||$36||$184||$1,796||$150|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$390||$724||$612||$36||$184||$1,946||$162|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$390||$724||$612||$36||$184||$1,946||$162|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$390||$724||$612||$36||$184||$1,946||$162|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$390||$724||$612||$36||$184||$1,946||$162|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$390||$724||$612||$36||$184||$1,946||$162|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$390||$724||$612||$36||$184||$1,946||$162|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$390||$724||$612||$36||$184||$1,946||$162|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$390||$724||$612||$36||$184||$1,946||$162|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$390||$724||$612||$36||$184||$1,946||$162|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$390||$832||$612||$36||$184||$2,054||$171|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$390||$832||$612||$36||$184||$2,054||$171|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can modify coverage rates noticeably.
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Dodge Ram insurance costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Dodge Ram insurance rates by gender
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Ram insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
Listed below are some of the things used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Car insurance policy lapses increase car insurance rates – Driving without insurance can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Inexpensive frequent car insurance claims are not good – If you frequently file small claims, don’t be surprised to see either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Florida give the best rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- More stress means more cost – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as fire fighters, social workers, and accountants generally pay higher average rates in part from high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers like actors, athletes and performers have lower than average premiums.
- Car features impact premiums – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in a rural area can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Residents of big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people would rather get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Experienced insurance agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agencies is important particularly in Miami.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Miami auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
When researching a good Miami insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures that you can choose from. Insurance agents in Miami can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can handle insurance, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences since it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you need to include price quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Miami that may be able to give you price quotes.
Sunshine Insurance Agency Inc
2595 SW 87th Ave – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 559-7873 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are Miami exclusive agents that are able to give price quotes.
Selecting an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Florida?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
Once you have received positive feedback to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that can service your policy.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Florida
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Ram insurance, buying auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Dodge, more than likely the lender will require you to have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
A little work can save a LOT of money
When searching for affordable Miami auto insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to shop for Dodge Ram insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Miami auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Dodge Ram rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Miami
The most effective way to get budget Dodge Ram insurance in Miami is to regularly compare prices from different companies who provide car insurance in Florida. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- First, get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates like inattentive driving and your credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Miami. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good piece of advice is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Additional information can be read at the links below
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Miami Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Miami? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)