It’s astonishing, but almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Consumers in Miami could save up to $1,126 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
The most effective way to get discount auto insurance rates in Miami is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers in Florida. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, read about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents and a bad credit score can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important note is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each price quote and and to compare as many different companies as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Miami can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. In essence, every vehicle owner who compares rate quotes for auto insurance will find better rates. But Florida car owners do need to know the way insurance companies compete online because it varies considerably.
Cheap Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Miami
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Claim Free – Miami drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow their auto insurance company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Online Discount – Certain auto insurance companies will provide an incentive for completing your application on your computer.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include federal employee, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for good student, good driver, multi-car, age of vehicle, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for good student, switch companies, homeowner, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, and pay in full.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for paperless, safe driver, good student, multi-policy, multiple vehicles, and safe vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including teen driver discount, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, newly married, new vehicle discount, and multi-car.
- SAFECO discounts include accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, homeowner, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- USAA has savings for family discount, annual mileage, military installation, driver training, new vehicle, vehicle storage, and loyalty savings.
When getting free Miami auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your area. To see insurance companies with significant discounts in Miami, follow this link.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact almost all companies pay for the opportunity to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information including if you are currently licensed, your general credit rating, if you went to college, and if it has an anti-theft system. Those rating factors is instantly provided to many different companies and you should receive rate quotes quickly.
To check rates for your Honda Accord Hybrid now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Florida. To find the best cheap car insurance in Miami, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance agents can help
Many drivers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on a insurance company should include more criteria than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Miami?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Miami?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
If you’re trying to find a reputable agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are Miami exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to include at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison.
Below are Miami independent insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
Insurecentro (Insurance Agency)
1701 W Flagler St #220 – Miami, FL 33135 – (305) 302-2236 – View Map
A little work can save a LOT of money
Affordable Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Miami is available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
As you quote Miami auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Miami Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Active Military in Miami? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)