Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who compare other prices will presumably switch auto insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that consumers who shopped around saved as much as $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is your goal, then understanding how to find companies and compare insurance coverage can save money and time.
Truthfully, the best way to find discount Pontiac Solstice insurance in Miami is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who provide car insurance in Florida. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and your credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. Once received, place your new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Locating the best rates in Miami is not rocket science. In a nutshell, every person who has to purchase car insurance should find a cheaper policy. Nevertheless, Florida drivers must know the methods companies use to sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area helps increase your odds of locating the best rates.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Miami, FL. In order to find cheap car insurance in Miami, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Pontiac Solstice in Miami, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Solstice, almost all lenders will require you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Pontiac for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Pontiac gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Discount Miami insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- E-sign – A handful of companies provide a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
- Good Student – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Organization Discounts – Being in certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Policy Bundle Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Solstice insurance.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow companies to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best Pontiac Solstice insurance discounts in Miami in Miami, follow this link.
When to talk to an agent
A lot of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and also buy local.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Miami that can provide free Miami auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to find an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- What companies can they write with?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they work. Agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well trained in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Miami that can give you price quote information.
- Rick Burke – State Farm Insurance Agent
2250 S Dixie Hwy Ste. 2 – Miami, FL 33133 – (305) 860-0616 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8514 SW 8th St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 595-2911 – View Map
- State Farm: Carlos Luis
6001 Bird Rd – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 663-2300 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Miami that are able to give price quotes.
- Avante Insurance Agency
7490 W Flagler St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 648-7070 – View Map
- Insurecentro (Insurance Agency)
1701 W Flagler St #220 – Miami, FL 33135 – (305) 302-2236 – View Map
- Unbeatable Homeowners Insurance Agency
90 SW 3rd St – Miami, FL 33130 – (239) 689-1025 – View Map
Shop smart and save
Affordable Pontiac Solstice insurance in Miami can be found on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to get a better price on Pontiac Solstice insurance in Miami. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Miami auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)