Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of consumers in Florida kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. U.S. consumers could pocket roughly $860 a year, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
The recommended way to find more affordable car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Miami.
First, gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as speeding and a low credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for information to keep prices down and find discounts that may have been missed.
Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One thing to point out is to compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Best companies for Nissan Armada insurance
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Florida. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Miami, FL, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance statistics for a Nissan Armada
The premium table displayed next showcases estimates of insurance policy prices for Nissan Armada models. Having a good understanding how insurance premiums are determined can help guide drivers when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Armada SE 2WD||$284||$462||$340||$20||$102||$1,208||$101|
|Armada SE 4WD||$284||$544||$340||$20||$102||$1,290||$108|
|Armada Titanium 2WD||$284||$544||$340||$20||$102||$1,290||$108|
|Armada Titanium 4WD||$284||$544||$340||$20||$102||$1,290||$108|
|Armada Platinum 2WD||$284||$544||$340||$20||$102||$1,290||$108|
|Armada Platinum 4WD||$316||$544||$340||$20||$102||$1,322||$110|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can change coverage prices considerably.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Nissan Armada insurance premiums for each age group. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims can influence Nissan Armada premium costs for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Nissan Armada insurance premiums by gender and age
The illustration below shows the comparison of Nissan Armada insurance prices for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The information below shows the comparison of Nissan Armada yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut rule of when to exclude full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Nissan Armada replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $300 a year to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Lots of things are used when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability – The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you if a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- You might pay higher costs if you are single – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance policy. It translates into being more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance level of the car you own makes a big difference in your rates. Economy passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following data assumes a single female driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Nissan Armada policy rates compared to other models that have different performance rating factors.
- Low comp and collision deductibles mean high prices – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your Nissan from damage. A few examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, hail damage, and burglary. Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If your Nissan has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
Expect high rates for teens – More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers. Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The following data uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Insurance loss probability for a Nissan Armada – Companies use data from past claims when setting premium prices. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for coverage.
The data below shows the loss history for Nissan Armada vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Nissan Armada Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Armada 4dr 2WD 94 104 93 106 87 Nissan Armada 4dr 4WD 123 120 109 91 69BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discount Miami auto insurance quotes
Some providers do not advertise all available discounts very well, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on their website.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Good Student Discount – This discount may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company qualifies for this discount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below shows the comparison of Nissan Armada auto insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data assumes a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
To see providers who offer free Nissan Armada insurance quotes in Florida, follow this link.
When do I need to contact an agent?
Many drivers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Miami.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Miami can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always compare prices from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Miami independent agencies that may be able to give pricing information.
- Tropical Insurance
8700 W Flagler St # 230 – Miami, FL 33174 – (305) 221-2400 – View Map
- Royal Palm Insurance Agency Inc
9900 NW 27th Ave – Miami, FL 33147 – (305) 835-6080 – View Map
- Miami International Insurance Agency
2200 SW 16th St, Suite 212 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 856-3333 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Miami that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Eduardo Ferraz
1110 Brickell Ave Ste 105 – Miami, FL 33131 – (305) 379-3666 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ramon Balladares
2455 SW 27th Ave #210 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 859-8556 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Pamela Brumer
141 Alton Rd – Miami Beach, FL 33139 – (305) 531-1223 – View Map
Picking an insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Miami should have no problem answering these questions:
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
Miami auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with the top auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices there are in Florida. The ranking information displayed below could help you analyze which insurers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Smart consumers save more
Lower-priced insurance in Miami is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Miami agents, so you need to quote Miami car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not have rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agencies.
We just covered many ideas to find affordable Nissan Armada insurance in Miami. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with a small mutual company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims and high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be less work than you think.
More detailed insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Miami Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)