It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who shop rates annually are likely to buy a new policy because there is a good probability of finding a policy with better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding low prices for car insurance in Miami is why you’re here, understanding how to quote prices and compare cheaper coverage can make the process less intimidating.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Volvo V40 insurance in Miami is to compare prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in Florida. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- First, read about how your policy works and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies. View companies
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Once received, store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is that you use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This ensures a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Florida. To locate cheap auto insurance in Miami, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insurance policy discounts for Volvo V40 insurance in Miami
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but some must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on V40 insurance in Miami.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower prices if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Early Signing – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching policies prior to your current V40 insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Miami car insurance online.
- Memberships – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Government Employee Discount – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will cut your policy cost.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- AAA offers discounts for good driver, anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, anti-theft, good student, accident-free, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Esurance includes discounts for safety device, good student, anti-theft, emergency road assistance, and online quote.
- Nationwide has savings for accident-free, defensive driving, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, multi-policy, and good student.
Before buying, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply everywhere. To see insurance companies who offer online Volvo V40 insurance quotes in Miami, follow this link.
Volvo V40 Insurance Rate Factors
Many different elements are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
- Gender is a factor – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Males and females tend to get into auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Deter car thieves – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Cheaper rates for prior coverage – Driving without insurance is against the law and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Cars with good safety ratings means lower rates – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Location can influence price – Being located in less populated areas is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Residents of big cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Get married and pay lower costs – Your spouse may cut your premiums on your car insurance bill. Having a significant other may mean you are more stable financially and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
- Lower stress equals lower rates – Careers like military generals, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts have the highest average rates attributed to intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, occupations such as professors, historians and the unemployed receive lower rates.
What if I want to buy from local Miami insurance agents?
A small number of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to participating agents in Miami who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Miami for you
If you want a local Miami insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent. Both types can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to know why they differ since it can affect which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Miami that are able to give price quotes.
- Mario Obregon – State Farm Insurance Agent
6701 Sunset Dr #115 – South Miami, FL 33143 – (305) 661-7667 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eduardo Ferraz
1110 Brickell Ave Ste 105 – Miami, FL 33131 – (305) 379-3666 – View Map
- State Farm: Carlos Luis
6001 Bird Rd – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 663-2300 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to compare quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Miami that can give you comparison quotes.
- Estrella Insurance #114
8615 Biscayne Blvd – Miami, FL 33138 – (305) 757-5900 – View Map
- Exclusive Insurance Agency Inc.
7175 SW 8th St #203 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 263-4855 – View Map
- Latin American Association-Insurance Agency
2550 NW 72nd Ave #318 – Miami, FL 33122 – (305) 477-1442 – View Map
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Miami?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Choosing a highly-rated insurance provider can be challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Florida. The company ratings in the next section could help you pick which insurers to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Persistent drivers can save
You just read many ways to find affordable Volvo V40 insurance in Miami. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, high prices, lack of trust in their agent or denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is less work than it seems.
Cheaper Volvo V40 insurance in Miami can be purchased both online in addition to many Miami insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer internet price quotes and these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Auto Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Miami Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)