It’s well known that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who get price comparisons are inclined to buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent survey found that consumers who regularly shopped around saved as much as $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance in Miami is your objective, then knowing how to compare insurance rates can help you be more efficient.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Miami is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers in Florida.
- Step 1: Read about how your policy works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit score can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
There are several ways to compare quotes from local Miami insurance companies. The quickest method to find competitive Pontiac GTO insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Comparison shopping rates online is easy and it makes it a waste of time to spend time driving to different Miami agent offices. The fact that you can get quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the professional assistance only provided by licensed Miami agents. Drivers can price shop your coverage online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
When comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies helps you find lower pricing.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Florida. To get cheap car insurance in Miami, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the lowest price.
Score discounts on Miami car insurance
Some companies don’t list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Miami auto insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are throwing money away.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers can save substantially compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft System – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Student Discounts – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Companies who offer life insurance give better car insurance rates if you take out life insurance from them.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for type of vehicle, multi-car, professional/association, annual mileage, good driver, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include multi-car, good student, youthful driver, alternative fuel, and mature driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including safe driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, student away at school, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and good student.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including farm vehicle, teenSMART discount, anti-theft, senior citizen, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, daytime running lights, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, driver training, seat belt use, and good student.
Double check with each insurance company to give you their best rates. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Pontiac GTO Insurance
Many things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- An active policy claims history can cost more – Car insurance companies in Florida give the lowest premiums to insureds who are claim-free. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress vocation? – Occupations such as doctors, air traffic controllers, and dentists tend to have the highest average rates because of high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations such as actors, historians and retirees receive lower rates.
- Liability coverage safeguards assets – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found to be at fault for an accident. It provides you with a defense in court to defend your case. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Raising physical damage deductibles lowers premiums – Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be collision with another vehicle, hitting a deer, and windstorm damage. The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your car insurance will be.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The type of car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. Small economy passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Advanced alarm systems – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder your car from being stolen.
Auto insurance quotes from neighborhood Miami auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Miami who will give competitive quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Miami should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How long has their agency been open in Miami?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Florida?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Miami?
Below is a list of auto insurance companies in Miami that can give you comparison quotes for Pontiac GTO insurance in Miami.
Okay Insurance Agency
7293 W Flagler St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 267-7232 – View Map
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When selecting the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
You just read some good ideas how you can lower your Pontiac GTO insurance rates in Miami. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Miami auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Budget-conscious Pontiac GTO insurance is possible on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide rate quotes online and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
When searching for low cost Miami auto insurance quotes, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Miami Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Miami? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Miami, Florida? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Miami? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)