Amazingly, a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never compared quotes from other companies. Miami drivers could save up to $1,126 each year, but they underestimate the benefits if they switched.
To save the most money, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from companies that sell auto insurance in Miami. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of how car insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents and your credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
To find affordable Miami car insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing price quotes from insurance companies in your area. By far the easiest way to compare rates consists of shopping online.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing more prices gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company provides online rate quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Miami, FL. To locate cheap car insurance in Florida, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some companies don’t always list every discount very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new S2000 can be considerably cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable their insurance company to analyze their driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Student in College – College-age children who are attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like State Farm and Allstate allow you one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Miami car insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in school.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will help lower the premium cost.
Larger insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, safe driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, good student, and driver training.
- MetLife discounts include good student, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, education and occupation, good driver, good student, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- American Family may offer discounts for TimeAway discount, accident-free, air bags, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, federal employee, driver training, and anti-theft.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, good student, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not apply everywhere.
You may need advice from an agent
Some consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Miami who will give you quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How long has the business existed?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Auto insurance agencies are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Miami willing to provide comparison quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8514 SW 8th St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 595-2911 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eduardo Ferraz
1110 Brickell Ave Ste 105 – Miami, FL 33131 – (305) 379-3666 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ramon Balladares
2455 SW 27th Ave #210 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 859-8556 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
The following are Miami independent agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- JM Private Insurance Agency
7274 SW 48th St – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 908-1832 – View Map
- Del Toro Insurance
3819 NW 7th St – Miami, FL 33126 – (305) 335-8676 – View Map
- JVS Insurance Agency
9600 SW 8th St #27 – Miami, FL 33174 – (305) 552-5250 – View Map
Will just any policy work for me?
Always remember that when buying your policy for your vehicles, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
How Insurance Providers Determine Honda S2000 Insurance Costs
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower rates. Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Better credit means lower costs – Credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Honda S2000 by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Avoid unnecessary extra coverages – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and term life insurance are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Do you have enough liability protection? – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection when you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Gender and insurance costs – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes cause auto accidents at about the same rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
Lower rates come with age – Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers. Inexperience drivers tend to be more careless when driving with friends so auto insurance rates are higher.
Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Honda S2000 has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
Married people drive safer – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on your auto insurance bill. It generally demonstrates drivers are more responsible and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
Insurance is not optional in Florida
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Miami, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Honda but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Honda gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is wasting up to $810 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Persistent drivers can save
We just showed you many tips how you can find affordable Honda S2000 insurance in Miami. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the best rates are with an unexpected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Miami can be found on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Miami Car Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)