The easiest way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in Miami. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like multiple speeding tickets and a low credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the best rate selection.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop around for a cheaper policy will probably switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower rate. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved over $865 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance in Miami is your ultimate objective, understanding the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can save money and time.
Discounts can help lower rates on Chevy Bolt insurance in Miami
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount they offer very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Miami Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current Bolt insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on insurance.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your insurance provider.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow their insurance company to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you could get a free insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
To view insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Miami, click this link.
Most major insurance companies provide coverage prices direct online. Getting Chevy Bolt insurance prices online doesn’t take much effort because you just enter your coverage information as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, their system gets credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find the cheapest possible prices on insurance.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the coverage information as shown on your current policy. This ensures you’re receiving rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Florida. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Miami, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Florida?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Florida?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
A small number of people would rather have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and also buy local. And buying from local agents is still important in Miami.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Miami who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When searching for an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Miami agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn how they differ because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you compare quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also write with different regional companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following is a list of independent agencies in Miami that may be able to provide price quotes.
- Kahn Carlin Insurance
3350 S Dixie Hwy – Miami, FL 33133 – (305) 446-2271 – View Map
- Oliva Insurance Agency Inc
370 Miracle Mile – Miami, FL 33134 – (305) 270-1447 – View Map
- All Security Insurance Agency, Inc.
373 N Royal Poinciana Blvd – Miami Springs, FL 33166 – (305) 887-9544 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Miami who can help you get price quotes.
- Gus Figueredo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7950 W Flagler St #103 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 262-0440 – View Map
- Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ramon Balladares
2455 SW 27th Ave #210 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 859-8556 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Miami?
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that meets your needs to service your policy.
Cheaper car insurance rates are possible
More affordable car insurance in Miami is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents in Miami, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims and even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in these articles:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)