Do you get exhausted from not being able to afford each month for auto insurance? Your situation is no different than millions of other drivers.
Unimaginable but true, over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,158, Florida drivers can save up to 55% each year by just comparing quotes, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates and save money. Companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm increase brand awareness with catchy ads and it is challenging if not impossible to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and find the best price available.
It’s important to do price comparisons as often as possible because auto insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best rates on Buick Century insurance in Miami a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the best way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Eight Tips to Get Lower-cost Miami Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that are used to determine your insurance rates. If you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with cheaper rates.
The following are a few of the things insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
A good credit score can save money – Credit rating can be a huge factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit score could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Buick Century by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores.
Better insurance rates on vehicles with better crash test results – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
Discounts for auto and home policies – Most larger insurance companies give a discount to clients who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Miles impacts prices – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. Make sure your policy properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your Century is just wasting money.
Save money by eliminating extra policy coverages – There are a ton of additional extra coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Coverages like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and membership fees are some examples. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money get rid of them and save.
Being married brings a discount – Walking down the aisle actually saves money on your insurance bill. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
Driving citations hurt – Having just one chargeable violation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have careless citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Don’t let your policy lapse – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Lowering your auto insurance rates can be relatively painless. Just invest a few minutes to compare rates online from several insurance companies.
Getting rates online is very simple and it takes the place of having to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. The ability to quote Buick Century insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the trained advice of a licensed agent. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop online and still use a local agent.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Florida. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Miami, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Insuring your Century just makes sense
Even though Miami Century insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Buick at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Florida overpays as much as $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discount Miami car insurance rates
Companies do not advertise every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Miami car insurance online.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Miami car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking time to complete a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Accident Free – Miami drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable companies to monitor driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Student Discounts – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm includes discounts for passive restraint, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include early shopping, mature driver, business and professional, bundle discounts, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for seat belt use, federal employee, daytime running lights, air bags, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for paperless, company car, teen driver, good student, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, driver training, anti-theft, and good student.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for good student, 55 and retired, driver training, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- USAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, vehicle storage, new vehicle, good student, defensive driver, safe driver, and driver training.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Miami. To choose companies who offer free Buick Century insurance quotes in Florida, click here.
Local Miami insurance agencies
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Miami.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Miami that provide free Miami car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to your email. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
The following is a list of car insurance companies in Miami that can give you price quotes for Buick Century insurance in Miami.
Choosing the best insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is there a local claims center in Miami?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Miami?
- When do they do a full risk review?
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Does my Buick Century need full coverage?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Florida?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Affordable insurance rates are available
Budget-conscious Buick Century insurance is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Miami, so you need to shop Miami car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your Buick Century insurance premium rates in Miami. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Buick Century rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Steps to buying discount Buick Century insurance in Miami
To save the most money, the best way to find discount auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in Miami.
- Get an understanding of how your policy works and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that increase rates such as speeding and a substandard credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. Make sure you store the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Additional insurance information is available below: