A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Many consumers in Miami can save 55% each year just by shopping around, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they bought a different policy.
To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates in Miami is to compare prices regularly from insurers in Florida.
- First, try to learn a little about individual coverages and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper LS coverage is available in Miami. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a completed application and payment to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to analyze as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
This information will help educate you on how insurance works and how you can save the most money. If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper car insurance using these techniques. Drivers just have to use the most time-saving way to compare price quotes online from multiple companies.
Finding more affordable Miami auto insurance rates can be relatively painless. Drivers just need to spend a little time to compare rates online with multiple companies.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to call or drive to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Lincoln LS insurance rate quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the extra assistance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. If you prefer, some companies allow you to find lower rates online but buy the policy through an agent.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Miami, FL. If you want cheap auto insurance in Miami, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Get cheaper Lincoln LS insurance rates in Miami
Some insurers don’t necessarily list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Organization Discounts – Being in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts compared to frequent claim filers.
- New Car Discount – Putting car insurance coverage on a new LS is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Lincoln can earn better car insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower premium rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Miami Homeowners Discount – Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course in defensive driver could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can get a slight reduction on a Miami car insurance quote.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in high school.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts should help reduce your overall bill.
Some companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent to give you their best rates. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Florida, click here to view.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Lincoln but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Lincoln as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Florida is wasting up to $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Miami insurance agency
Some people would prefer to sit down with an agent. Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is important especially in Miami.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to participating agents in Miami who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to find an agent because prices are sent to the email address you provide. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Shown below are agents in Miami who can help you get price quote information for Lincoln LS insurance in Miami.
Ekono Insurance Agency
11626 NE 2nd Ave – Miami, FL 33161 – (305) 757-6767 – View Map
Gus Figueredo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7950 W Flagler St #103 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 262-0440 – View Map
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Miami?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How many years have they been established?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?