It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Miami is to annually compare prices from companies in Florida. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like careless driving and a bad credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies. View companies
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Once the application is submitted, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Statistics show that almost 70% of insureds in Florida kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Most drivers in the U.S. could cut their rates by roughly 47% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to take the time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Car insurance providers offering cheap prices in Florida
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Miami, FL. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in Miami, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Take policy discounts and save on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Miami
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Own a Home and Save – Just being a homeowner can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- College Student – Youth drivers living away from Miami attending college and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for completing your application online.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts will cut your policy cost.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, five-year accident-free, military active duty, good student, and air bags.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, anti-theft, accident-free, and good student.
- Esurance includes discounts for online shopper, homeowner, renters, defensive driver, online quote, good driver, and multi-car.
- The Hartford offers discounts including bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, defensive driver, good student, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To find insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Insurance agents can help
When buying insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Should I buy only the required Florida minimum liability coverage?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Neighborhood Miami auto insurance agents
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Any agent in Miami should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How long has their agency been open in Miami?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Miami?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is coverage determined by price?
Miami car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Car insurance policy providers are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Miami who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Eduardo Ferraz
1110 Brickell Ave Ste 105 – Miami, FL 33131 – (305) 379-3666 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ramon Balladares
2455 SW 27th Ave #210 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 859-8556 – View Map
- State Farm: Carlos Luis
6001 Bird Rd – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 663-2300 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from several independent agencies for the best price selection. Most also write with different regional companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Miami who can help you get comparison quotes.
- AV Insurance Agency Inc
2497 NW 79th St – Miami, FL 33147 – (305) 696-2291 – View Map
- Sunshine Insurance Agency Inc
2595 SW 87th Ave – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 559-7873 – View Map
- E and L Insurance Services
1241 SW 27th Ave – Miami, FL 33135 – (888) 700-4049 – View Map
Once you have received acceptable answers to your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Miami car insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from the top company can be challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Miami. The company rank data in the next section can help you analyze which providers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Budget-conscious Volkswagen e-Golf insurance is attainable on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just read many ideas to shop for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Malibu in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Miami? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)