A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in Miami could cut their rates by 55% a year just by shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to find lower-cost insurance rates.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable Honda Insight insurance in Miami is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Florida. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause high rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Start a quote
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Insight coverage is available. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Once received, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Quote Miami Honda Insight insurance online
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in Florida. The recommended way to do a complete rate comparison involves getting comparison quotes online.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding more affordable rates. Some companies don’t provide online rate quotes, so you also need to get quotes from them as well.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Florida. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Miami, we suggest you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Save money with these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every discount available very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates.
- Sign Online – A few larger companies will give you a small discount shop Miami auto insurance on your computer.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow companies to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident Free – Miami drivers who stay claim-free get the best auto insurance rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and place coverage with the same company you may earn up to 20% and get you the cheapest Honda Insight insurance in Miami.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Honda Insight yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, good student, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include bundle discounts, pay in full, teen driver, homeowner, distant student, early shopping, and alternative fuel.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, air bags, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, and defensive driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for anti-theft, group or association, multiple vehicles, teen driver, company car, and safe driver.
- The Hartford has discounts for bundle, defensive driver, air bag, good student, anti-theft, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and retired, renewal discount, youthful driver, good student, driver training, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA may have discounts that include annual mileage, military installation, safe driver, good student, defensive driver, new vehicle, and multi-vehicle.
If you are trying to find affordable Miami auto insurance quotes, ask each company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not be offered everywhere. To view insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Miami, follow this link.
Rates and other information
The premium information below outlines estimates of coverage costs for Honda Insight models. Having knowledge of how insurance premiums are calculated can help drivers make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify price quotes substantially.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Honda Insight insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The diagram below shows the difference between Honda Insight premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no set guideline to eliminate full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Honda Insight replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Get rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Miami auto insurance agent
A lot of people would rather buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your business. You never need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local Miami insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies that you can select. Agents in Miami may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Miami exclusive agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Mario Obregon – State Farm Insurance Agent
6701 Sunset Dr #115 – South Miami, FL 33143 – (305) 661-7667 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ramon Balladares
2455 SW 27th Ave #210 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 859-8556 – View Map
- State Farm: Carlos Luis
6001 Bird Rd – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 663-2300 – View Map
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies which may have better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Miami that can give you price quotes.
- Kahn Carlin Insurance
3350 S Dixie Hwy – Miami, FL 33133 – (305) 446-2271 – View Map
- All Security Insurance Agency, Inc.
373 N Royal Poinciana Blvd – Miami Springs, FL 33166 – (305) 887-9544 – View Map
- Royal Palm Insurance Agency Inc
9900 NW 27th Ave – Miami, FL 33147 – (305) 835-6080 – View Map
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing a policy, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different and your car insurance should unique, too.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Who is covered when they drive my Honda Insight?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Florida?
- What happens if I owe more than my Honda Insight is worth?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What policy terms are available?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Informed Drivers Know How to Get Insurance for Less
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that could help you find better insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the items companies use to determine prices.
Married people drive safer – Having a spouse may cut your premiums when buying insurance. It translates into being more mature and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Raising coverage deductibles saves money – Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Only buy what you need – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your Insight policy. Coverages like rental car coverage, accidental death, and membership fees may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Insurance costs and driver gender – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Honda Insight insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Stress out and pay more – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations like real estate brokers, business owners, and stock brokers have higher premium rates in part from intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, jobs like scientists, historians and retirees get better rates.
Do you really need to file those insurance claims? – Auto insurance companies in Florida award most affordable rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
Allowing your insurance policy to lapse raises insurance rates – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Cheaper rates with safer cars – Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Car insurance in Florida serves several purposes
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda Insight in Miami, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Florida but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda has a loan, almost all lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Miami is overpaying over $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just covered many ways to get a better price on Honda Insight insurance in Miami. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
The cheapest Honda Insight insurance in Miami is attainable online in addition to many Miami insurance agents, so you need to quote Miami auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
More learning opportunities
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Miami Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)