It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who shop around annually will probably buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent insurance study discovered that consumers who compared prices once a year saved about $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance is your ultimate goal, then having some insight into how to quote and compare insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who sell insurance in Miami.
First, try to comprehend policy coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher prices like your driving record and poor credit history can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for more information to prevent high rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Miami. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Miami is quite easy. If you currently have insurance, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the ideas presented in this article. Vehicle owners just need to use the fastest way to get comparison quotes from many companies at once.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Florida. To buy cheap auto insurance in Miami, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Miami, insuring your vehicle is required in Florida but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Audi at a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your Audi TT RS but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying over $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Take these eight policy discounts and save on Audi TT RS insurance in Miami
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Miami without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can get you a discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Paperless Signup – Some companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- Miami Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching companies prior to your current TT RS insurance policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Miami auto insurance online.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking time to complete a driver safety class can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Popular car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, air bags, emergency military deployment, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife has savings for good student, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, and accident-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, annual mileage, type of vehicle, accident-free, and age of vehicle.
- 21st Century has discounts for student driver, early bird, automatic seat belts, homeowners, defensive driver, and theft prevention.
- Allstate offers discounts including anti-theft, 55 and retired, farm vehicle, good student, safe driver, economy car, and premier plus.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To see a list of car insurance companies with the best Audi TT RS insurance discounts in Florida, click this link.
Buying from car insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Miami that provide free Miami auto insurance quotes for your business. There is no need to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- How long has the business existed?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Miami
If you would like to find a local Miami insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they operate. Agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following are exclusive agents in Miami who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Eduardo Ferraz
1110 Brickell Ave Ste 105 – Miami, FL 33131 – (305) 379-3666 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8514 SW 8th St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 595-2911 – View Map
- Mario Obregon – State Farm Insurance Agent
6701 Sunset Dr #115 – South Miami, FL 33143 – (305) 661-7667 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Miami that are able to give rate quotes.
- E and L Insurance Services
1241 SW 27th Ave – Miami, FL 33135 – (888) 700-4049 – View Map
- Beck and Lo’s Insurance Agency
3636 NW 36th St – Miami, FL 33142 – (305) 634-3306 – View Map
- Jtg Insurance Agency
9764 SW 24th St – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 552-8808 – View Map
After receiving reasonable responses as well as affordable Audi TT RS insurance rates in Miami quotes, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
Car insurance coverages for an Audi TT RS
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Audi TT RS.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (10/20/10 in Florida), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, theft and hail damage. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your TT RS from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your TT RS in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as funeral costs, X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices, nursing services and surgery. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 10/20/10 that means you have $10,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as medical expenses, pain and suffering, bail bonds, attorney fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be adequate coverage.
More quotes mean more auto insurance savings
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver and even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We covered some good ideas how to find cheaper Audi TT RS insurance in Miami. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Miami auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Auto Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)