It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who shop for lower prices are inclined to move their business because the odds are good of finding lower prices. A recent study showed that drivers who regularly shopped around saved approximately $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding discount rates on insurance is your intention, then knowing how to compare cheaper coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
The recommended way to get affordable car insurance rates in Miami is to compare prices annually from companies who sell auto insurance in Florida. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that increase rates like distracted driving and poor credit history can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Continue reading for the details to get affordable coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A key point to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
This article will teach you the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. But Florida car owners must comprehend how big insurance companies determine how much to charge and take advantage of how the system works.
When looking for low cost Miami car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to get quotes from many insurance companies in Florida. The fastest way to comparison shop is simply to get online rate quotes.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it replaces the need to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online eliminates this option unless your situation requires the professional advice of a local Miami agent. Although you can get prices online and still use a local agent.
Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area helps locate more affordable insurance. Not every company does online Miami Five Hundred insurance quotes, so you need to compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Florida. In order to find cheap car insurance in Miami, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some consumers would rather go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is important especially in Miami.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Miami that can provide free Miami car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you need to find an insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to check rates from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Miami that can give you price quote information.
Oliva Insurance Agency Inc
370 Miracle Mile – Miami, FL 33134 – (305) 270-1447 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Miami that are able to give comparison quotes.
Gus Figueredo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7950 W Flagler St #103 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 262-0440 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is there a local claims center in Miami?