Unbelievably, almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Florida drivers could save as much as 55% every year, but they think it’s difficult to go online and compare rates.
The best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Miami is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Florida.
- Get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to lower rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Buy Pontiac Grand Prix Insurance More Affordably
Many different elements are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although some other factors are more transparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help calculate your auto insurance rates. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower rates.
The following are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your rate level.
Raising deductibles lowers rates – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your Pontiac. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and windstorm damage. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The larger the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Safer the car lower the rate – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and better occupant protection means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Pontiac Grand Prix scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Good drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant citations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
Demanding job may mean higher rates – Occupations like judges, police officers, and financial analysts usually pay the highest average rates attributed to intense work situations and long work hours. Other professions such as farmers, engineers and retirees get better rates.
Just remember that more quotes increases your odds of finding the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Miami, FL. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Miami, FL, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Grand Prix, almost every bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Pontiac for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your Grand Prix are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America overpays more than $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Miami insurance discounts for a Pontiac Grand Prix
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Miami auto insurance online.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better rates.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors may qualify for a slight reduction on a Miami auto insurance quote.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your auto insurance provider.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, emergency military deployment, driver training, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, homeowner, drive less, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and passive restraint.
- MetLife has discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- 21st Century has savings for defensive driver, air bags, theft prevention, student driver, and early bird.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and homeowner.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be offered in every state. To view providers with significant discounts in Miami, follow this link.
When to contact an agent
A small number of people still like to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Miami that provide free Miami auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an provider needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Florida?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Miami?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How many companies do they write for?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies to choose from. Insurance policy providers may be either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Miami who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing insurance rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
The following are independent agents in Miami willing to provide price quote information.
Ekono Insurance Agency
11626 NE 2nd Ave – Miami, FL 33161 – (305) 757-6767 – View Map
Lower rates by being persistent
Budget-conscious Pontiac Grand Prix insurance can be found online and with local Miami insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost.
You just learned a lot of ways to lower your Pontiac Grand Prix insurance auto insurance rates in Miami. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Miami auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Miami Car Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)