Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Most drivers in America could save an average of nearly 47% each year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they switched.
If you want to save money, the best way to find discount Jaguar S-Type insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Miami. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Read about coverages and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A good piece of advice is that you use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
The easiest way to get rate comparisons for Jaguar S-Type insurance in Miami utilizes the fact almost all companies provide online access to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is give them some information such as an estimate of your credit level, if the vehicle is leased, distance driven, and whether you are married. Your insurance information is then submitted to multiple top-rated companies and they respond with quotes almost instantly.
To compare rates for your Jaguar S-Type now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Miami.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Florida. If you want the best car insurance in Miami, FL, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Don’t neglect these premium slashing discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may qualify for discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Multi-car Discount – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on S-Type insurance in Miami.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select companies reward you with lower premium rates if you buy life insurance.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain car insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on the web.
- Miami Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Student in College – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Miami and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Telematics Discount – Miami drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to spy on driving patterns by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- American Family discounts include TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, good driver, and defensive driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, anti-theft, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- 21st Century includes discounts for defensive driver, air bags, theft prevention, student driver, and good student.
- Travelers has savings for hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-car, save driver, driver training, good student, new car, and payment discounts.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
When getting free Miami car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not be offered in your area.
Smart Buyers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
- How your age affects premiums – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations. Drivers with little experience have been known to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- What type of car do you drive? – The make and model of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. The lowest rates are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Multiple policies with one company – Most major auto insurance companies allow better rates to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still compare other Miami S-Type insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Consumers may find a better deal by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Too many policy claims and you’ll pay more – Auto insurance companies in Florida give lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Employer can influence rates – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupational choices like doctors, business owners, and miners generally have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to intense work requirements and long work days. On the other hand, occupations such as professors, students and homemakers get better rates.
- Better prices for continuous auto insurance coverage – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines and jail time. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Florida department of motor vehicles.
- High credit scores equal low rates – Having a good credit rating will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Jaguar S-Type if you improve your credit rating.
- Comp and collision deductibles are a factor – The deductibles you choose define the amount you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be.
Insurance agents can help
Some consumers just want to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to find an agent as quotes are delivered to your email. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Miami should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Miami?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Miami?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents are either independent or exclusive. Either can insure your vehicles, but it is a good idea to know the differences because it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name rather than low price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Miami who may provide you with rate quotes.
- State Farm: Carlos Luis
6001 Bird Rd – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 663-2300 – View Map
- Rick Burke – State Farm Insurance Agent
2250 S Dixie Hwy Ste. 2 – Miami, FL 33133 – (305) 860-0616 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Pamela Brumer
141 Alton Rd – Miami Beach, FL 33139 – (305) 531-1223 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not locked into one company so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you need cheaper insurance rates, we highly recommend that you contact independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Miami willing to provide price quotes.
- Cari Insurance Agency Inc.
12890 NW 7th Ave – Miami, FL 33168 – (305) 685-0305 – View Map
- E and L Insurance Services
1241 SW 27th Ave – Miami, FL 33135 – (888) 700-4049 – View Map
- Miami International Insurance Agency
2200 SW 16th St, Suite 212 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 856-3333 – View Map
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Should I rate my Jaguar S-Type as pleasure use or commute?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Florida?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Cheaper insurance is out there
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund and even lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Cost effective Jaguar S-Type insurance can be purchased on the web and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and these smaller providers work with independent agencies.
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Miami? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)