It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find cheaper Dodge Stratus insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from companies who provide car insurance in Miami. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Learn about coverages and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations and an imperfect credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Stratus coverage is available. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. When you receive it, store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who shop around for cheaper price quotes are likely to move their business because there is a high probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent insurance study discovered that drivers who compared prices regularly saved approximately $70 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is why you’re reading this, then knowing the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can save time, money, and frustration.
We hope to let you in on the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and how to save the most money. If you currently have car insurance, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using these methods. Drivers only have to learn the proper methods to find the lowest price online.
Companies offering Dodge Stratus insurance in Florida
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Miami, FL. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Miami, FL, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Smart Buyers Can Cut Their Insurance Rates
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the things that help determine your premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine your rate level.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Most major insurance companies provide better rates to customers that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Consumers may find better rates by buying from different companies
- Gender and auto insurance – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Males and females cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but males get into accidents with more damage. They also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Incidental coverages you don’t use – Policies have extra bells and whistles that can add up if you aren’t careful. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Commute or pleasure use – The more you drive in a year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Make sure your insurance policy states the correct usage. Having the wrong rating on your Stratus may be costing you higher rates.
- Do thieves like your car? – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
Cheaper Miami insurance rates with discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even know about. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a home in Miami can get you a discount since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount when getting a Miami car insurance quote.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for several vehicles on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance on a new Stratus can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable data collection to track driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will definitely lower your overall bill.
Large insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- 21st Century discounts include anti-lock brakes, good student, driver training, air bags, homeowners, student driver, and 55 and older.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- Nationwide has discounts for accident-free, multi-policy, anti-theft, business or organization, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, and good student.
- Esurance may have discounts that include claim free, defensive driver, Switch & Save, good driver, anti-theft, and Pac-12 alumni.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, and driver training.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Miami car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not apply in Miami. To view insurance companies who offer discounts in Miami, click this link.
Auto insurance agents can help
Many people still like to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheaper car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Miami.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Miami who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Below is a list of auto insurance companies in Miami that may be willing to give rate quotes for Dodge Stratus insurance in Miami.
AV Insurance Agency Inc
2497 NW 79th St – Miami, FL 33147 – (305) 696-2291 – View Map
CHECKMARK INSURANCE AGENCY – Auto and Homeowners Insurance Agents
1375 NW 36th St – Miami, FL 33142 – (305) 638-1280 – View Map
Selecting an company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Miami?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How long has their agency been in business in Miami?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
Affordable insurance premiums are out there
You just read a lot of tips how to compare Dodge Stratus insurance car insurance rates in Miami. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Miami car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with the smaller companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
Cheaper insurance in Miami is possible on the web in addition to many Miami insurance agents, so get free Miami car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
More detailed insurance information is available in these articles:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Miami? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)