The best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates in Miami is to do a yearly price comparison from companies that sell auto insurance in Florida. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many things that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a lousy credit rating can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover more information to prevent high prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Once received, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is to try to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Sadly, most car insurance buyers have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Miami could pocket nearly $1,130 a year by just shopping around, but they feel it’s too difficult to do a rate comparison.
Cheaper Miami car insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be significant discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your car insurance provider.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Car insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Miami can save you money since home ownership means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance on a new V90 may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles may allow you to get lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- No Claims – Miami drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver’s education, defensive driving training, passive restraint, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, good student, pay in full, alternative fuel, early shopping, and homeowner.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-policy, membership and employees, good student, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, and driver training.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, good driver, good student, accident-free, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide offers discounts for family plan, multi-policy, easy pay, defensive driving, accident-free, good student, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, good student, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Miami. To view companies that offer the discounts shown above in Florida, click this link.
Compare free Miami Volvo V90 insurance quotes
Keep in mind that more quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so you also need to get rates from them as well.
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in Miami, FL. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Miami, FL, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Components of Your Volvo V90 Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine premiums.
More performance means more cost – The type of car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Lower cost passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Vocation reflects on rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupational choices like real estate brokers, police officers, and medical professionals usually pay higher average rates attributed to intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, students and performers have the lowest average rates.
Costs increase with policy add-ons – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
Tickets will cost you – Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Just one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers unfortunate enough to have multiple tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Filing claims can cost more – Companies in Florida give cheaper rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Auto insurance is available from local agents
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Miami who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Any agent in Miami should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Florida?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
Types of auto insurance agents in Miami
If you want an insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. Miami agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only write with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are trained well on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often use the same agent mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Miami that can give you rate quotes.
- Gus Figueredo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7950 W Flagler St #103 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 262-0440 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eduardo Ferraz
1110 Brickell Ave Ste 105 – Miami, FL 33131 – (305) 379-3666 – View Map
- Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Miami that can give you rate quotes.
- Miami International Insurance Agency
2200 SW 16th St, Suite 212 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 856-3333 – View Map
- Tropical Insurance
8700 W Flagler St # 230 – Miami, FL 33174 – (305) 221-2400 – View Map
- JM Private Insurance Agency
7274 SW 48th St – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 908-1832 – View Map
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Volvo V90 insurance, paying for auto insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your V90, most banks will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volvo at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Volvo gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Florida overpays more than $750 every year so shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
A conclusion for your insurance search
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
Some insurance providers may not have online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Cheap Volvo V90 insurance in Miami is possible both online in addition to many Miami insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We just presented a lot of information how to lower your Volvo V90 insurance premium rates in Miami. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Miami Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)