It’s well known that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year will most likely switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. Remarkably, a study showed that people who regularly compared price quotes saved on average $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on car insurance in Miami is the reason you’re here, knowing how to find and compare cheaper coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
Really, the only way to get low-cost Chevy Classic insurance in Miami is to annually compare prices from companies who provide car insurance in Florida. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how car insurance works and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Start a quote
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Affordable companies for Chevy Classic insurance
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Florida. To find cheap auto insurance in Miami, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Miami insurance discounts for a Chevy Classic
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but less common discounts must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of larger companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Club Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data submission to study driving habits remotely such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies reward drivers for switching companies before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Miami auto insurance online.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save up to 20% off your total Classic insurance premium.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
When getting free Miami auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Miami. To view insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Miami, click here to view.
Insurance agents can help
A small number of people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Miami that provide free Miami auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an company should depend on more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Where would glass claims be handled in Miami?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
The following is a short list of auto insurance companies in Miami that are able to give price quote information for Chevy Classic insurance in Miami.
Miami International Insurance Agency
2200 SW 16th St, Suite 212 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 856-3333 – View Map
Oliva Insurance Agency Inc
370 Miracle Mile – Miami, FL 33134 – (305) 270-1447 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agency Inc.
7175 SW 8th St #203 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 263-4855 – View Map
After receiving good responses to all your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you’ve probably found an insurer that is reputable and can properly insure your vehicles. Just be aware that consumers can cancel your policy at any point so never feel that you are permanently stuck with your new company indefinitely.
What is the best auto insurance company in Miami?
Selecting the right insurance company can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Miami. The company ratings below can help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Chevy Classic.
Since many Florida drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (10/20/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills such as doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees, X-ray expenses and nursing services. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your Classic resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Classic to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 10/20/10 which stand for a limit of $10,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, emergency aid, structural damage and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Florida state law requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as vandalism, hitting a deer and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
You can find affordable coverage
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Lower-priced Chevy Classic insurance in Miami can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Miami auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and many times these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at these sites:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Single Moms in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)