Paying cheap prices for Chevy Cavalier insurance in Miami may be a challenge for drivers who are new to online price comparisons. With such a large choice of companies, it can easily be a chore to find a cheaper company.
How to find better rates for Chevy Cavalier insurance in Miami
The most effective way to get budget car insurance rates in Miami is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Florida.
First, try to learn a little about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as distracted driving and a negative credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Statistics show that most auto insurance policyholders in Florida have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never taken the time to shop around. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It is always a good idea to do price comparisons quite often because rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best deal on Chevy Cavalier insurance in Miami a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Best Chevy Cavalier insurance prices in Florida
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Florida. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Miami, FL, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Chevy Cavalier insurance in Miami
Car insurance companies do not advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best Chevy Cavalier insurance discounts in Miami in Florida, click here to view.
What Determines Chevy Cavalier Insurance Prices?
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in cheaper rates.
- Type of car determines base premiums – The make and model of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The cheapest rates are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Lower annual miles equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rate. Almost all companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your car insurance policy shows the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your Cavalier can result in significantly higher rates.
- Small frequent policy claims are not good – Car insurance companies in Florida provide most affordable rates to people who only file infrequent claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect higher rates. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Older drivers are lower risk – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit. Young drivers are statistically shown to be more careless when driving with friends therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Add-on coverages you don’t use – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Car features impact prices – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. You are unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my Chevy Cavalier qualify for pleasure use?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Chevy Cavalier?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Are insurance agencies a thing of the past?
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Miami who will give you quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they work. Agents in Miami are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Miami that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Eduardo Ferraz
1110 Brickell Ave Ste 105 – Miami, FL 33131 – (305) 379-3666 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8514 SW 8th St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 595-2911 – View Map
- Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Miami who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Cari Insurance Agency Inc.
12890 NW 7th Ave – Miami, FL 33168 – (305) 685-0305 – View Map
- Insurecentro (Insurance Agency)
1701 W Flagler St #220 – Miami, FL 33135 – (305) 302-2236 – View Map
- Beck and Lo’s Insurance Agency
3636 NW 36th St – Miami, FL 33142 – (305) 634-3306 – View Map
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Affordable Chevy Cavalier insurance in Miami is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Miami car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Chevy Cavalier insurance car insurance rates online in Miami. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Miami car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
How to buy affordable Chevy Cavalier insurance in Miami
The best way to get discount Chevy Cavalier insurance in Miami is to regularly compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Florida.
- Gain an understanding of individual coverages and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations and poor credit rating can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
A valuable tip to remember is to compare similar coverage information on each quote request and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Miami? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)