We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices will most likely buy a different policy because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study discovered that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved an average of $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance is your ultimate goal, understanding the best ways to shop for cheaper coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Truthfully, the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Miami.
- Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and bad credit can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. When you receive it, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get quotes from every company you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Finding a better price on auto insurance can be surprisingly simple. The only requirement is to invest a few minutes comparing price quotes to find the company with cheaper Miami auto insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Miami, FL. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Miami, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Hyundai in Miami, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Entourage, most banks will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Hyundai Entourage but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Hyundai gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help calculate your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower auto insurance prices.
The items below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- What’s your car’s safety rating? – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Hyundai has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – Policies have extra bells and whistles that you can buy if you aren’t diligent. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and motor club memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Decrease auto insurance rates by maintaining coverage – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines and jail time.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Even one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have gotten serious citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Guys are more aggressive – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Women and men tend to get into fender benders at about the same rate, but guys tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- With age comes responsibility – More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, statistically cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Drivers with little experience have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher.
Best auto insurance in Miami
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality car insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Miami. The company ratings in the next section may help you decide which car insurance providers to look at purchasing a policy from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Smart consumers save more
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers or high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
Some companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies. Discount Hyundai Entourage insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Miami insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
When shopping online for car insurance, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about car insurance in Florida is available at these links:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- How Much are Miami Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Miami? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)