Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Consumers in Miami can cut their rates by 55% a year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The best way to get cheaper Volvo S80 insurance in Miami is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in Florida. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher prices such as speeding and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for the details to keep prices down and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One important bit of advice is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Finding affordable insurance coverage in Miami is really quite easy. Virtually anyone who compares rates for insurance will more than likely find better rates. But Florida consumers do need to understand how insurance companies price insurance differently.
Most companies like Allstate and Progressive give pricing directly from their websites. Doing online quotes for Volvo S80 insurance in Miami is pretty easy because you just enter your required coverages as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information based on many factors.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to do this if you want to find the best insurance rates.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you will have a price comparison for exact coverage.
The following companies provide free quotes in Miami, FL. To find the best cheap car insurance in Florida, we recommend you compare several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Score discounts to get cheaper Miami insurance quotes
Buying insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new S80 can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get slightly better rates than normal.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Miami car insurance with select insurance companies.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below compares Volvo S80 insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premiums assume a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, membership and employees, military active duty, daytime running lights, air bags, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for annual mileage, location of vehicle, accident-free, multi-policy, type of vehicle, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including youthful driver, alternative fuel, multi-car, mature driver, business and professional, homeowner, and bundle discounts.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for mature driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, multiple vehicles, student away at school, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include hybrid vehicle, new graduate, safety features, good student, newly retired, newly married, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for homeowner, safe driver, drive less, teen safe driver, anti-theft, and accident prevention training.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, and good student.
- USAA has discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, family discount, driver training, military installation, good student, and multi-vehicle.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To see a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Miami, follow this link.
Insurance coverage details
The information displayed next highlights estimates of coverage prices for Volvo S80 models. Understanding how premiums are calculated can be of help when making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$322||$684||$504||$30||$152||$1,692||$141|
|S80 Executive AWD||$322||$774||$504||$30||$152||$1,782||$149|
|S80 V8 AWD||$356||$774||$504||$30||$152||$1,816||$151|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can revise prices noticeably.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The information below compares Volvo S80 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
How You Can Control Volvo S80 Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that are used to determine the rates you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find big savings.
Credit score impact insurance costs – Having a good credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for insurance. People that have excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volvo S80 by improving your credit score.
Safer vehicles save money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Volvo S80 is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it may be receiving lower rates.
Is your car, truck or SUV built for speed? – The performance level of the car or truck you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest base rates are usually for small economy passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
The data below uses these assumptions: single female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Volvo S80 car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
Extra policy coverages push up prices – Policies have add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
Having a spouse reduces risk – Your spouse actually saves money on your policy. Marriage translates into being less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Premiums may be higher where you live – Living in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when it comes to insurance. City drivers regularly have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Volvo S80 insurance loss statistics – Companies factor in insurance loss information to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage.
The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Volvo S80 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S80 4dr 2WD||82|
|Volvo S80 4dr 4WD||93|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years