Remarkably, a study showed that almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never shopped around. Many drivers in Miami could cut their rates by roughly $1,126 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to take the time to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
If you want to save money, the best way to find lower priced Mazda CX-5 insurance in Miami is to compare prices once a year from companies in Florida. This can be done by following these guidelines.
First, try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many things that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to find the best rates using the ideas you’re about to read. Shopping around for the best auto insurance coverage in Miami is not as difficult as people think. Nevertheless, Florida vehicle owners do need to know how insurance companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Best companies for cheap Mazda CX-5 insurance in Florida
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Miami, FL. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in FL, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but some must be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings of 20% or more.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course in defensive driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your policy cost.
If you would like to see a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in Florida, click this link.
When should I contact a local insurance agent?
A lot of people just want to sit down with an agent. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Miami who want to provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. A good agent in Miami will have answers to these questions.
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How long has their agency been in business in Miami?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Miami are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. They receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Miami willing to provide rate quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8514 SW 8th St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 595-2911 – View Map
- Clark Alvarado – State Farm Insurance Agent
5209 NW 36th St – Miami Springs, FL 33166 – (305) 887-9543 – View Map
- Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you need to compare prices from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are Miami independent agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Jtg Insurance Agency
9764 SW 24th St – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 552-8808 – View Map
- CHECKMARK INSURANCE AGENCY – Auto and Homeowners Insurance Agents
1375 NW 36th St – Miami, FL 33142 – (305) 638-1280 – View Map
- Assure-Us The Insurance Agency
1880 NE 163rd St – North Miami Beach, FL 33162 – (305) 956-7818 – View Map
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium or even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be pretty painless.
Lower-priced insurance in Miami is possible online in addition to many Miami insurance agents, so you need to quote Miami auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can find cheap Mazda CX-5 insurance in Miami. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
More tips and info about insurance is available by following these links:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a School Permit in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Miami? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)