We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. People who shop around for cheaper prices are likely to switch insurance companies because of the high probability of finding a policy with better rates. A survey found that people who regularly compared rates saved an average of $3,500 over four years compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance is why you’re here, understanding the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The preferred way to save on Saturn Ion insurance in Miami is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Florida. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as traffic citations and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover ideas to get affordable coverage and find additional discounts.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to monitor vehicle usage remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can save you some money because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Miami auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Early Switch Discount – A few larger companies give discounts for signing up before your current Ion insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Miami auto insurance online.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles may allow you to get substantially lower auto insurance rates.
- Sign Online – Some larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing over the internet.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce the cost of your policy.
Some of the larger companies that may have these discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To choose companies with discount rates in Miami, click here to view.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates for Saturn Ion insurance in Miami is to understand most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give the companies some data including how your vehicles are used, which vehicles you own, if the car is leased, and whether you have decent credit. That information is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and they respond with quotes almost instantly.
To compare multiple company affordable Saturn Ion insurance rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Florida. In order to find cheap auto insurance in FL, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When it comes to a policy, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Florida?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance quotes from local Miami insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you can get lower premium rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is still important in Miami.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Miami who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Miami for you
If you prefer to buy car insurance from an insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies from which to choose. Car insurance agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the differences because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to include a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Miami who may provide pricing information.
- SOL Insurance Agency
1370 W Flagler St – Miami, FL 33135 – (305) 643-2333 – View Map
- Estrella Insurance #141
3000 NW 36th St – Miami, FL 33142 – (305) 635-6335 – View Map
- Neighbors Insurance Agency
7149 W Flagler St – Miami, FL 33144 – (786) 401-4820 – View Map
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following are Miami exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8514 SW 8th St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 595-2911 – View Map
- Gus Figueredo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7950 W Flagler St #103 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 262-0440 – View Map
- Mario Obregon – State Farm Insurance Agent
6701 Sunset Dr #115 – South Miami, FL 33143 – (305) 661-7667 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Miami?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Frequent quotes can save
Cost effective Saturn Ion insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Miami, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to reduce Saturn Ion insurance auto insurance rates online in Miami. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Saturn Ion rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims or delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
Additional information is located below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Miami Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60 in Miami? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)