The preferred way to find affordable Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Miami is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers in Florida. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Miami. If you can save money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. When you receive it, place the new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to remember is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year are inclined to switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared prices regularly saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance in Miami is why you’re reading this, then knowing the best way to compare car insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Keep in mind that comparing more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best offered rates.
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Miami, FL. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in FL, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Florida
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost every bank will require you to buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $800 each year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Statistics and details
The price information shown next highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Chevy Silverado 3500HD models. Learning a little about how prices are figured can be valuable when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$366||$730||$704||$42||$210||$2,052||$171|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$366||$730||$704||$42||$210||$2,052||$171|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$366||$634||$564||$34||$168||$1,766||$147|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$404||$634||$564||$34||$168||$1,804||$150|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$404||$730||$564||$34||$168||$1,900||$158|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$404||$730||$564||$34||$168||$1,900||$158|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates substantially.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance costs for each different age group. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. Data assumes no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no exact rule to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Silverado 3500HD replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance discounts in Miami
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you can get discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some must be requested specifically in order for you to get them. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Professional Memberships – Joining certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower rate if you buy life insurance.
- Driver Safety – Taking a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance premiums with and without discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for good student, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers may include discounts for new car, multi-car, IntelliDrive, early quote, and student away at school.
- Nationwide has discounts for easy pay, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, good student, and business or organization.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include electronic funds transfer, mature driver, distant student, youthful driver, and bundle discounts.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, online shopper, renters, good driver, paid-in-full, multi-policy, and Pac-12 alumni.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, defensive driving training, multiple policy, multiple autos, and student away at school.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for anti-theft, type of vehicle, ease of repair, multi-policy, annual mileage, and location of vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not be available everywhere. To see auto insurance companies who offer online Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance quotes in Miami, click this link.
Comparing quotes from local Miami auto insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Miami that provide free Miami car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Miami should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are they full-time agents?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Miami?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Miami?
After you get good feedback to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an insurer that is professional and can properly service your car insurance policy. Just be aware that you have the power to cancel your policy when you choose so don’t think you are locked into your new company with no way to switch.
How to find a good Florida car insurance company
Buying coverage from the top car insurance provider is hard considering how many different companies sell coverage in Florida. The company ratings shown next can help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Quote more to save more
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
We covered some good ideas how to reduce Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance prices online in Miami. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest prices come from a small local company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional car insurance information can be found at the links below
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Miami? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)