Truthfully, the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from insurers who provide car insurance in Miami. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for instructions to find cheap prices and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Borrego coverage is available in Miami. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
A recent study showed that 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,200, Miami drivers could cut their rates by $1,130 a year, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Buying affordable insurance in Miami is not that difficult. If you’re already insured or just want cheaper rates, you can use these tips to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Comparison shoppers just have to know the quickest method to compare rates online.
Getting a cheaper price on Kia Borrego insurance can be relatively painless. All that’s required is to take the time comparing free Miami auto insurance quotes to find out which insurance company has affordable Miami auto insurance quotes.
Comparing free price quotes online is easy and it, takes the place of having to spend your day driving to each insurance agency near you. The ability to quote Kia Borrego insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional guidance of a licensed agent. It is possible to price shop your coverage online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Florida. To buy the best cheap auto insurance in Florida, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insuring your Borrego just makes sense
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Miami, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, most lenders will force you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance protects your Kia and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so compare rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
These discounts can slash Kia Borrego insurance rates
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but some need to be requested specifically before being credited.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for several vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current Borrego insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Miami auto insurance quotes online.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles can qualify you for lower car insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- E-sign – Many insurance companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application digitally online.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, safe vehicle, anti-theft, driver’s education, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new vehicle discount, new graduate, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, and multi-car.
- The Hartford includes discounts for good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good student, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
When getting free Miami auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Miami, follow this link.
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Many people just want to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates and also buy local.
By using this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Miami who can give free rate quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best provider requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Miami, get answers to these questions.
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- What discounts might you be missing?
Exclusive and independent Miami car insurance agents
When looking for a reputable agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Either type can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
These type of agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Miami who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you stay with the same agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Miami willing to provide comparison quotes.
After getting answers to your satisfaction and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you can always terminate coverage for any reason so never feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent for any length of time.
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Florida minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Miami auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality company can be a challenge considering how many choices drivers have in Miami. The company ratings in the next section may help you decide which auto insurers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent agents. Budget-conscious Kia Borrego insurance is available online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to reduce Kia Borrego insurance premium rates online in Miami. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Miami auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
More tips and info about insurance can be found in these articles:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Miami? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)