The most effective way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Miami is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Florida. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance companies determine prices and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and your credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. As soon as you can, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Inconceivable but true, the vast majority of insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Many drivers in Florida could save up to $1,126 each year, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Reducing your insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. Drivers just need to take the time getting comparison quotes to see which company has cheaper Miami auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Miami, FL. To find cheap car insurance in FL, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Cheaper Miami insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Miami auto insurance with certain companies.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Professional Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Wrangler premium costs with and without discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, good driver, good student, defensive driving training, multiple autos, driver’s education, and accident-free.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new move discount, teen driver discount, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, new graduate, and newly married.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and anti-theft.
- MetLife has discounts for claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and continuous coverage.
Double check with every company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To see a list of insurers with significant discounts in Miami, follow this link.
Jeep Wrangler detailed coverage information
The coverage table below showcases estimates of insurance policy prices for Jeep Wrangler models. Having insight into how insurance policy premiums are formulated can help drivers make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$304||$408||$426||$26||$128||$1,292||$108|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$304||$408||$532||$32||$160||$1,436||$120|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$304||$522||$426||$26||$128||$1,406||$117|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$348||$408||$532||$32||$160||$1,480||$123|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$348||$522||$426||$26||$128||$1,450||$121|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$348||$408||$532||$32||$160||$1,480||$123|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$348||$408||$532||$32||$160||$1,480||$123|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$348||$522||$426||$26||$128||$1,450||$121|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$348||$522||$532||$32||$160||$1,594||$133|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$392||$522||$532||$32||$160||$1,638||$137|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect coverage prices noticeably.
One of the most common car insurance questions is what deductibles to buy. The following insurance rates may aid in understanding the cost difference when you choose different policy deductibles. The first rate comparisons uses a $100 comprehensive and collision deductible and the second data table uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$312||$418||$418||$24||$124||$1,321||$110|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$312||$418||$522||$30||$156||$1,463||$122|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$312||$532||$418||$24||$124||$1,435||$120|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$358||$418||$522||$30||$156||$1,509||$126|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$358||$532||$418||$24||$124||$1,481||$123|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$358||$418||$522||$30||$156||$1,509||$126|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$358||$418||$522||$30||$156||$1,509||$126|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$358||$532||$418||$24||$124||$1,481||$123|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$358||$532||$522||$30||$156||$1,623||$135|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$406||$532||$522||$30||$156||$1,671||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Wrangler Sport 4WD 2-Dr||$174||$220||$418||$24||$124||$960||$80|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$174||$220||$522||$30||$156||$1,102||$92|
|Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$174||$280||$418||$24||$124||$1,020||$85|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$200||$220||$522||$30||$156||$1,128||$94|
|Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$200||$280||$418||$24||$124||$1,046||$87|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$200||$220||$522||$30||$156||$1,128||$94|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$200||$220||$522||$30||$156||$1,128||$94|
|Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$200||$280||$418||$24||$124||$1,046||$87|
|Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$200||$280||$522||$30||$156||$1,188||$99|
|Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 4-Dr||$224||$280||$522||$30||$156||$1,212||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Miami which can revise insurance rates significantly.
Based on the figures above, using a $100 deductible will cost you roughly $34 more each month or $408 annually than choosing the higher $1,000 deductible. Since you would pay $900 more out of your own pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you usually have at a minimum 26 months between claim filings, you would save more money if you choose a higher deductible.
Calculate deductible break even point
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$125|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||– $91|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$34|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 – $100):||$900|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$900 / $34|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||26 months|
An important sidenote is that higher deductibles means you will have to pay more of your own money when you have to file a claim. You will want to have some extra funds in the event you have to pay the deductible to have repairs made.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can affect Jeep Wrangler insurance rates for each age group. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Male drivers compared to female drivers in Miami
The illustration below compares Jeep Wrangler insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below compares Jeep Wrangler insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no exact formula to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Jeep Wrangler replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 a year for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not remove full coverage.
What Affects Jeep Wrangler Insurance Rates?
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in lower premium levels. Lots of things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Listed below are some of the things auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more you drive your Jeep annually the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet states the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. An improperly rated Wrangler is just wasting money.
Youthful drivers cost more – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Beginning drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The following data is based on a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Never let your coverage expire – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Florida DMV.
- Rates increase with policy add-ons – There are a lot of additional coverages that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Just one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better prices compared to bad drivers. People who have multiple violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions influence Jeep Wrangler premium costs for each age group. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are rear-ending another vehicle, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Fast cars cost more to insure – The performance of the vehicle you need to insure makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The next chart assumes a married female driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Jeep Wrangler insurance rates compared to other models that have different performance risks.
- Protect yourself with liability insurance – The liability section of your policy kicks in if ever you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Insurance losses for a Jeep Wrangler – Insurers factor in insurance loss information to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that tend to have increased losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below outlines the historical insurance loss data for Jeep Wrangler vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Jeep Wrangler Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Jeep Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Wrangler 2dr SWB 4WD 54 134 71 57 52 102 Jeep Wrangler 4dr 4WD 58 151 82 66 62 120BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying auto insurance from Miami auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is definitely important in Miami.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Miami who will give you quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you directly. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to use a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they work. Insurance agencies in Miami can be described as either exclusive or independent. Either one can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different since it may influence your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. They often place coverage with less well-known companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Miami that may be able to give pricing information.
- E and L Insurance Services
1241 SW 27th Ave – Miami, FL 33135 – (888) 700-4049 – View Map
- Kahn Carlin Insurance
3350 S Dixie Hwy – Miami, FL 33133 – (305) 446-2271 – View Map
- Jtg Insurance Agency
9764 SW 24th St – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 552-8808 – View Map
Agents of this type write business for a single company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Miami willing to provide price quote information.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8514 SW 8th St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 595-2911 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eduardo Ferraz
1110 Brickell Ave Ste 105 – Miami, FL 33131 – (305) 379-3666 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ramon Balladares
2455 SW 27th Ave #210 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 859-8556 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How many companies do they write for?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Insurance can get complicated
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Florida minimum liability coverage?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Cover all your bases
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and many times these smaller providers work with local independent agencies. Lower-priced auto insurance in Miami can be bought online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional auto insurance information can be found at the links below
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Miami Auto Insurance for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Nissan Versa in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Postal Workers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)