If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost Ford Freestar insurance in Miami is to compare quotes annually from providers who provide car insurance in Florida. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and a low credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Sad but true, a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Consumers in America could save almost $850 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
Comparing quotes for the best-priced protection in Miami is not that difficult. Practically every car owner who has to purchase auto insurance will more than likely get a lower-priced policy. But Florida drivers should learn the way insurance companies compete online and use it to your advantage.
Check for these six premium slashing discounts
Companies don’t always publicize all available discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you’re not getting every credit available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Good Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with a few insurance companies.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts will definitely reduce your overall bill.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide include:
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, anti-theft, passive restraint, good student, multiple autos, driver’s education, and multiple policy.
- American Family has discounts for TimeAway discount, good student, accident-free, air bags, defensive driver, and bundled insurance.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, military active duty, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and five-year accident-free.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for defensive driver, teen driver, automatic seat belts, early bird, good student, and 55 and older.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, and online signing.
When quoting, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurers with significant discounts in Miami, click here to view.
To find low cost Miami auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from all the different companies. By far the easiest way to find cheaper Ford Freestar rates is to jump online and get quotes. When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons provides better odds of finding the best offered rates.
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Miami, FL. If you want cheap auto insurance in Florida, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance is available from local agents
Some people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agents is especially important in Miami.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from local Miami agents, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Miami agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Miami who can help you get free car insurance rate quotes.
- Exclusive Insurance Agency Inc.
7175 SW 8th St #203 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 263-4855 – View Map
- SOL Insurance Agency
1370 W Flagler St – Miami, FL 33135 – (305) 643-2333 – View Map
- Miami International Insurance Agency
2200 SW 16th St, Suite 212 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 856-3333 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Miami willing to provide price quote information.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8514 SW 8th St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 595-2911 – View Map
- Gus Figueredo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7950 W Flagler St #103 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 262-0440 – View Map
- Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How long has their agency been in business in Miami?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Protect more than your Freestar
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Freestar in Miami, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Freestar has a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for liability
This will cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 10/20/10 that translate to $10,000 bodily injury coverage, $20,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical services, bail bonds, loss of income, structural damage and court costs. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. Florida state minimum liability requirements are 10/20/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not provide you with enough coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Ford Freestar.
Due to the fact that many Florida drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (10/20/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hitting a bird, theft and fire damage. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Freestar in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills such as EMT expenses, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Don’t give up on cheap rates
When searching for cheaper Miami auto insurance quotes, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Ford Freestar insurance in Miami. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Ford Freestar insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with a small local company.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, poor customer service or even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Much more information about car insurance in Florida is located at the links below
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Much are Miami Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)