Really, the only way to get the cheapest Mazda 3 insurance is to do an annual price comparison from providers who provide car insurance in Miami.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unacceptable credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to help keep prices low and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Miami. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new insurance company. When you receive it, put the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Unbelievably, a large majority of insurance policyholders in Florida kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in the United States could save about 46.5% a year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to shop around.
If you are insured now, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using the tips covered below. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Miami is not rocket science. But Florida vehicle owners should learn the methods companies use to calculate your insurance rates and use this information to your advantage.
How Your 3 Insurance Costs are Determined
Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although others are more obscure such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower rates – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart your car from being stolen.
- More mileage equals more premium – The more you drive annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your car insurance coverage reflects the correct driver usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your 3 can result in significantly higher rates.
Older drivers are lower risk – Beginning drivers in Florida are proven to get distracted easily behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Having to add a teenage driver onto your car insurance can be very expensive. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Incidental coverages you don’t need – There are many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- High comp and collision deductibles reduce rates – Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken windshield, hail damage, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
More performance means higher premiums – The type of vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The data below assumes a single male driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Mazda 3 insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performances.
- Get better rates if married – Getting married can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- How credit rating affects car insurance premiums – Having a good credit rating factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Mazda 3 by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings.
Mazda 3 claim statistics – Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when setting rates for each model. Models that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate. The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Mazda 3 vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Mazda 3 Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Mazda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 3 99 104 96 106 110 103 Mazda 3 Hatchback 91 80 96 81 73 86BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Facts and figures for Mazda 3 insurance
The rate table below outlines a range of insurance policy prices for Mazda 3 models. Understanding more about how prices are calculated can assist in making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$504||$504||$30||$152||$1,446||$121|
|3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$504||$504||$30||$152||$1,446||$121|
|3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$256||$594||$504||$30||$152||$1,536||$128|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$290||$594||$504||$30||$152||$1,570||$131|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$290||$594||$504||$30||$152||$1,570||$131|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$290||$594||$504||$30||$152||$1,570||$131|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$290||$594||$504||$30||$152||$1,570||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can raise or lower rates greatly.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we researched a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Miami and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Memberships – Joining a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below compares Mazda 3 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies and their possible discounts include:
- American Family may have discounts that include accident-free, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for youthful driver, driver training, safe driver, good student, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, defensive driving training, multiple autos, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Travelers discounts include new car, driver training, good student, student away at school, multi-car, and save driver.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, driver training, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and air bag.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, federal employee, military active duty, defensive driver, and daytime running lights.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Miami.
Which car insurance company is best in Miami?
Choosing the best car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices there are in Florida. The information displayed below may help you choose which car insurance providers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
Budget-friendly car insurance in Miami can be found online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high prices, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
When searching for inexpensive Miami car insurance quotes, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured cut liability coverage limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Auto Insurance Quotes for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)