It’s shocking but a large majority of auto insurance policyholders have been with the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. Miami consumers could cut their rates by 55% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rate quotes online.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Miami is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in Florida.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how your policy works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. When you receive it, place the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Best companies for cheap Kia Amanti insurance in Florida
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Miami, FL. If you want to find the best cheap auto insurance in FL, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
How Insurers Determine Kia Amanti Insurance Premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find cheaper rates. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are more transparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are a few of the things used by companies to determine your premiums.
- Combine and save – Most auto insurance companies provide discounts to clients who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to compare Kia Amanti rates in Miami to ensure the best deal.
- Safeguard your assets with liability protection – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Save money by raising coverage deductibles – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Save money with high credit – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Amanti if you improve your credit rating. Drivers with high credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings.
Cheaper Miami car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- College Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Miami and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Miami can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you low cost Kia Amanti insurance.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better premium rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Amanti insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Miami auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the premium cost.
A few companies that may offer policyholders most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Miami. To locate companies that offer discounts in Miami, click this link.
Local Miami insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Miami that can give you free Miami auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on a insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- If they are an independent agency in Miami, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- When do they do policy reviews?
When in doubt talk to an agent
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Kia Amanti to commute?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Find affordable rates by being thorough
We covered some good ideas how you can save on Kia Amanti insurance in Miami. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Kia Amanti insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)