It’s an obvious conclusion that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for better prices will presumably buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who compared prices regularly saved over $865 annually compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is your intention, then having a good understanding how to get price quotes and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the process.
To save the most money, the best way to get cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Miami. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and your credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View prices
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new company or agent. When you receive it, store the proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Miami is not rocket science. Essentially every driver who quotes car insurance will buy a cheaper policy. But Florida drivers must understand how insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Low Cost companies for Chevy Cruze insurance in Florida
The following companies offer price quotes in Florida. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in FL, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in Miami
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might already qualify for some discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but less common discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Miami auto insurance quote.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow their auto insurance company to monitor driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, driver’s education, accident-free, good student, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, air bags, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for electronic funds transfer, homeowner, multi-car, alternative fuel, and youthful driver.
- AAA includes discounts for good driver, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, and anti-theft.
- USAA may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, loyalty savings, family discount, good student, and military installation.
If you need the cheapest Chevrolet Cruze rate quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some credits may not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Miami, click here to view.
Chevy Cruze Insurance Price Factors
Lots of things are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine car insurance rates. If you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
Don’t skimp on liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
Get better rates if married – Your spouse actually saves money on your car insurance bill. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
Safer the car lower the rate – Vehicles with good safety scores cost less to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Chevy Cruze has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
Remove unneeded incidental coverages – There are quite a few additional extra coverages you can purchase on your Cruze policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them from your policy.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Cruze – Auto insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when determining insurance costs. Models that historically have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table below outlines the historical loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Values under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Specific Chevrolet Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- What is the ISO rating for a Chevy Cruze?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- What are the best liability limits?
- What are good deductibles for a Chevy Cruze?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Compare prices but buy from a local Miami insurance agent
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Miami who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting a insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- What discounts might you be missing?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Florida?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is there a local claims center in Miami?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Miami are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive agents in Miami that can give you price quotes.
- Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
- Rick Burke – State Farm Insurance Agent
2250 S Dixie Hwy Ste. 2 – Miami, FL 33133 – (305) 860-0616 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ramon Balladares
2455 SW 27th Ave #210 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 859-8556 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, we recommend you contact independent agents for the best price selection. Most can insure with smaller companies which may have better rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Miami that can give you price quote information.
- Neighbors Insurance Agency
7149 W Flagler St – Miami, FL 33144 – (786) 401-4820 – View Map
- Exclusive Insurance Agency Inc.
7175 SW 8th St #203 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 263-4855 – View Map
- Tropical Insurance
8700 W Flagler St # 230 – Miami, FL 33174 – (305) 221-2400 – View Map
Best car insurance in Florida
Choosing a highly-rated company can be a challenge considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Florida. The ranking data listed below could help you decide which companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Persistence pays off
We just covered some good ideas how to find cheap Chevy Cruze insurance in Miami. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Some car insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with local independent agents. Low-cost Chevy Cruze insurance in Miami can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional information is available at these links:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Much is Miami Car Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in Miami? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)