If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Miami is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who sell auto insurance in Florida.
First, read about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. Compare rates
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who shop for lower rates will most likely switch car insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy. A survey found that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved about $3,450 over four years compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance in Miami is the reason you’re here, then understanding the best way to shop and compare insurance rates can make it easier to find better rates.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Acura TLX Insurance Rates
Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher rates – Driving any period of time without insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Extra policy coverages push up prices – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- High credit scores save money – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in calculating your car insurance rates. So if your credit is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Acura TLX if you improve your credit rating. Insureds that have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with worse credit.
- Your car’s features help determine car insurance rates – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent auto theft.
- Car plus home equals more savings – The majority of companies will give lower prices to clients who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
Acura TLX claim statistics – Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they file their rates in each state. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher cost to insure. The table below illustrates the loss history for Acura TLX vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Acura TLX Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Acura Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura TLX 4dr 2WD 90 75 97 93 74 77 Acura TLX 4dr 4WD 120 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Miami, FL. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in Florida, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Choosing Acura vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your TLX has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Acura at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Acura TLX insurance in Miami
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Miami could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a driver safety class could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a lower rate if you buy life insurance from them.
- No Claims – Miami drivers who stay claim-free pay less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Acura can earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get better insurance rates.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Insurance companies who may offer most of the discounts above possibly include:
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not be available in Miami. To locate companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Florida, click here.
You may want advice from an agent
A lot of people prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information gets sent to companies in Miami who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on a provider shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
If you want to use a local insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are highly trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Miami that can give you rate quotes.
Gus Figueredo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7950 W Flagler St #103 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 262-0440 – View Map
Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, you should always include rate quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Miami willing to provide price quotes.
Okay Insurance Agency
7293 W Flagler St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 267-7232 – View Map
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to your policy for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my Acura TLX covered if I use it for business?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
You just learned some good ideas how you can compare Acura TLX insurance rates in Miami. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Some insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agents. Discount Acura TLX insurance can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection.
When you buy Miami car insurance online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Much more information about auto insurance in Florida is available below:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Miami Car Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Miami? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)