If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to quote cheaper car insurance rates in Miami is to compare prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in Florida.
Step 1: Read about individual coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides the details to get affordable coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. When you receive it, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
A recent study showed that the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Miami consumers could save 55% each year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
We hope to help educate you on how insurance works. If you have coverage now, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using these methods. Nevertheless, Florida drivers need to have an understanding of how companies price online insurance and use it to your advantage.
Best companies for low-cost Acura RL insurance in Florida
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Analysis of coverages
The rate information displayed below highlights detailed analysis of prices for Acura RL models. Learning a little about how prices are formulated helps drivers make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RL 3.7 with Tech Package||$406||$766||$430||$26||$128||$1,756||$146|
|RL 3.7 with Tech/CMBS Package||$406||$766||$430||$26||$128||$1,756||$146|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific Miami garaging location which can influence price quotes greatly.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The chart below illustrates the difference between Acura RL insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no specific rule to delete comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Acura RL claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not advised. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
The Acura RL Insurance Price Equation
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that help determine your premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find better car insurance rates. Lots of things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, although others are less apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine rates.
- Use one insurance company and save – Most larger companies will award better rates to clients who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can save money by splitting coverages up.
- Alarms and GPS tracking systems cut rates – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
- The more you drive the more you pay – Driving more miles each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. Verify your vehicle rating correctly shows the right rating data, because it can save money. An improperly rated RL is throwing money out the window.
Accidents mean higher rates – Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even one speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers who have severe violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can raise Acura RL auto insurance rates for each age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance costs and driver gender – Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. They both get in accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Male teenagers are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
The example below illustrates the difference between Acura RL insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Acura RL statistical loss data – Companies study historical loss data to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates. The table below shows the loss history for Acura RL vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Acura RL Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura RLX 4dr 128 63 179 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your auto and home insurance with one company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Acura RL insurance in Miami.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Allstate may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Acura RL yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- American Family may include discounts for TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, early bird, good student, and good driver.
- Nationwide has savings for defensive driving, anti-theft, family plan, accident-free, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, and good student.
- MetLife includes discounts for multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, good student, and claim-free.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for homeowners, anti-lock brakes, air bags, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, 55 and older, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, good student, pay in full, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, and alternative fuel.
- Allstate offers discounts for auto/life discount, 55 and retired, anti-lock brakes, premier discount, and premier plus.
If you are trying to find low cost Miami auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Miami. For a list of insurers with discount rates in Miami, follow this link.
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Many people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Miami.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Miami that can give you free Miami auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Miami for you
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Agents in Miami can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you should always get rate quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Miami that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. They are usually well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Miami that are able to give rate quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Florida?
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers as well as affordable Acura RL insurance rates in Miami quotes, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that will adequately provide auto insurance.
Which car insurance company is best in Miami?
Buying coverage from a high-quality car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Miami. The company information listed below can help you analyze which auto insurers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- If my Acura RL is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Shop smart and save
We covered a lot of information how to shop for Acura RL insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Lower-priced car insurance in Miami is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies don’t offer online rate quotes and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent and even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Car Insurance for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Miami? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)