Would you like to buy lower-priced auto insurance rates in Miami, FL? Miami shoppers have many options when shopping for the lowest priced Lexus RC 200t insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the best way to get price quotes on a Lexus and obtain the lowest possible price either online or from Miami insurance agents.
Miami car insurance discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with the same car insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Miami car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a slight reduction on a Miami car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with a few car insurance companies.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
A partial list of companies that may offer most of these discounts include:
When quoting, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Many different elements are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are not as apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- Marriage discount – Your spouse may cut your premiums compared to being single. Marriage translates into being more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Safer occupants lowers car insurance rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- What type of car, truck or SUV do you drive? – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices tend to be for low performance passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Florida give most affordable rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most major insurers apply lower prices to insureds that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare other Miami RC 200t insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Teenage driver insurance costs – Older people tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable. Beginning drivers are statistically shown to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Increase coverage deductibles to save – Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
- Rates may be lower depending on your occupation – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like real estate brokers, police officers, and stock brokers generally have higher rates than average in part from stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, careers such as professors, historians and performers receive lower rates.
Are car insurance agents used anymore?
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find lower prices and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company should depend on more than just the price. Any good agent in Miami should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How long has their agency been open in Miami?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Miami?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Miami are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can handle insurance, but it’s important to know how they differ since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. They receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Miami exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Rick Burke – State Farm Insurance Agent
2250 S Dixie Hwy Ste. 2 – Miami, FL 33133 – (305) 860-0616 – View Map
- Mario Obregon – State Farm Insurance Agent
6701 Sunset Dr #115 – South Miami, FL 33143 – (305) 661-7667 – View Map
- Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get several quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
The following are Miami independent insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
- Kahn Carlin Insurance
3350 S Dixie Hwy – Miami, FL 33133 – (305) 446-2271 – View Map
- Estrella Insurance #110
1201 SW 8th St – Miami, FL 33135 – (305) 859-8558 – View Map
- Alhambra Insurance
932 SW 67th Ave – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 774-9210 – View Map
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lexus RC 200t, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Lexus gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Ratings for Miami car insurance companies
Picking the right auto insurance company is difficult considering how many choices you have in Miami. The ranking data listed below may help you analyze which providers to look at comparing prices from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheaper coverage is out there
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, policy cancellation, questionable increases in premium and even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
Cheap Lexus RC 200t insurance in Miami can be found both online and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
As you quote Miami car insurance, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
How to buy cheaper Lexus RC 200t insurance in Miami
If you want to save money, the best way to find lower priced Lexus RC 200t insurance in Miami is to compare prices regularly from providers who provide auto insurance in Florida.
- Step 1: Learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. Be sure to safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to compare as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Miami Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Miami? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)