We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who shop for lower rates will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because of the high probability of finding a more affordable policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved approximately $865 annually compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If finding the cheapest rates on Jaguar X-Type insurance is your goal, then having a grasp of how to find companies and compare insurance premiums can make the process more efficient.
Truthfully, the best way to save money on car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from providers who sell insurance in Miami.
- Try to learn about coverages and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives tips to help reduce premium rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One bit of advice is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a level playing field and the best rate selection.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Miami is actually quite simple. If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas you’re about to read. Drivers just have to use the proper way to compare rates online.
Affordable companies for Jaguar X-Type insurance in Florida
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Miami, FL. To locate cheaper auto insurance in FL, we recommend you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Lower rates by qualifying for these eight discounts
Some insurers don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a course in safe driver may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers can get lower premium rates.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow driving data submission to study when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Florida, follow this link.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Florida?
- Is my Jaguar X-Type covered for smoke damage?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Miami auto insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Most agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local.
By using this short form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Miami who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Two types of auto insurance agents
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they function. Car insurance agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both handle car insurance, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Below are Miami exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quote information.
- State Farm: Carlos Luis
6001 Bird Rd – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 663-2300 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8514 SW 8th St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 595-2911 – View Map
- Clark Alvarado – State Farm Insurance Agent
5209 NW 36th St – Miami Springs, FL 33166 – (305) 887-9543 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Miami that are able to give comparison quotes.
- All Security Insurance Agency, Inc.
373 N Royal Poinciana Blvd – Miami Springs, FL 33166 – (305) 887-9544 – View Map
- Miami International Insurance Agency
2200 SW 16th St, Suite 212 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 856-3333 – View Map
- Eguino and Associates Insurance Agency, Inc.
7229 SW 24th St – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 266-1700 – View Map
After getting good feedback for all questions you ask in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is professional and can properly service your car insurance policy.
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Jaguar X-Type.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 10/20/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses like dental work, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision – This will pay to fix damage to your X-Type resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your X-Type to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see values of 10/20/10 which means a limit of $10,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like theft, hail damage, rock chips in glass and hitting a deer. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
In the end, you can save money
People switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be easier than you think.
Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies sell through independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Miami can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We covered some good ideas how you can save on Jaguar X-Type insurance in Miami. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the best car insurance rates are with the smaller companies.
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)