If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get budget GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Miami.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about what is in your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many things that cause high rates like getting speeding tickets and your credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. People who get price comparisons are highly likely to buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved on average $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in Miami is your ultimate target, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare car insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
Many insurance companies allow consumers to get prices on their websites. Comparing prices online for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance in Miami is possible for anyone as you just type in your coverage information on the page. Once entered, their rating system collects your credit score and driving record and quotes a price based on the data you entered.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find cheaper rates.
In order to find out how much you can save on car insurance, check out the car insurance providers below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input your coverages just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will be getting comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Florida. To find cheap car insurance in FL, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Save money by applying these seven discounts
Some providers don’t always publicize all discounts very well, so we break down a few of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your GMC could be rewarded with lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. The savings is around 10%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The diagram below shows the difference between GMC Sierra 3500HD premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a male driver, no violations or claims, Florida state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts including passive restraint, good student, safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple policy, and driver’s education.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for preferred payment discount, multi-car, safety features, exclusive group savings, and new move discount.
- American Family has discounts for bundled insurance, accident-free, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, good driver, and early bird.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, good student, switch companies, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, good student, safe vehicle, paid in full, and paperless.
- SAFECO may include discounts for multi-car, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Miami. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Miami, click this link.
Facts and figures for GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance
The coverage information shown below covers estimates of insurance policy prices for GMC Sierra 3500HD models. Being aware of how car insurance prices are calculated helps drivers make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$394||$628||$426||$26||$128||$1,602||$134|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$394||$722||$532||$32||$160||$1,840||$153|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$394||$628||$426||$26||$128||$1,602||$134|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 2WD||$394||$628||$426||$26||$128||$1,602||$134|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$394||$722||$532||$32||$160||$1,840||$153|
|Sierra 3500HD SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$394||$722||$532||$32||$160||$1,840||$153|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$394||$628||$426||$26||$128||$1,602||$134|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$394||$722||$532||$32||$160||$1,840||$153|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$394||$722||$532||$32||$160||$1,840||$153|
|Sierra 3500HD SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$434||$722||$426||$26||$128||$1,736||$145|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific Miami garaging location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates greatly.
Safe drivers Miami pay cheaper rates
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents drive up GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Comparison of insurance rates by gender and age in Miami
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Exclusive or independent insurance agents
Many drivers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is still important in Miami.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Miami who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Miami auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you want a local Miami insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Both types can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not restricted to one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When comparing insurance rates, you should always get some free quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Miami that may be able to give pricing information.
- JVS Insurance Agency
9600 SW 8th St #27 – Miami, FL 33174 – (305) 552-5250 – View Map
- All Security Insurance Agency, Inc.
373 N Royal Poinciana Blvd – Miami Springs, FL 33166 – (305) 887-9544 – View Map
- Sunshine Insurance Agency Inc
2595 SW 87th Ave – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 559-7873 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Miami that are able to give rate quotes.
- Mario Obregon – State Farm Insurance Agent
6701 Sunset Dr #115 – South Miami, FL 33143 – (305) 661-7667 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ramon Balladares
2455 SW 27th Ave #210 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 859-8556 – View Map
- State Farm: Carlos Luis
6001 Bird Rd – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 663-2300 – View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Florida?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
How to find a good Miami car insurance company
Buying coverage from a good quality auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Florida. The rank data listed below can help you pick which auto insurers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for doctor visits, chiropractic care, pain medications, ambulance fees and surgery. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like crashing into a building, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Sierra 3500HD to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Florida drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 10/20/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 10/20/10 that means you have $10,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like bail bonds, pain and suffering, medical services and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Florida state minimum liability requirements are 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Quote more to save more
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation and even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to compare GMC Sierra 3500HD insurance rates in Miami. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Miami? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)