Unfortunately, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Miami insurance shoppers could save almost $1,130 a year, but they underestimate how much they could save if they just switched companies.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable Buick Rendezvous insurance is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Miami. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of how car insurance works and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Miami can initially seem challenging. If you have a current auto insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Drivers just need to know the proper way to get comparison quotes instantly.
All major car insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes on their websites. Obtaining pricing for Buick Rendezvous insurance in Miami is very simple as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. After you submit the form their quoting system makes automated requests for your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote.
Getting online quotes for Buick Rendezvous insurance in Miami makes it simple to compare prices and it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to get the lowest car insurance rates.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you’re receiving a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Miami, FL. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in FL, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Buick vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick Rendezvous in Miami, car insurance is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Buick, most banks will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Buick at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Buick as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheap Buick Rendezvous insurance in Miami
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before being credited.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags may get savings of more than 20%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Miami may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can get you a discount since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some car insurance companies give a lower rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
Before buying, ask every company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply to policies in Miami. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Florida, click here to view.
Insurance is available from agents near you
Many drivers just want to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is you may find lower rates and also buy local.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Miami who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an insurer shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How long has their agency been open in Miami?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Miami?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Miami?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Miami?
If you need to find a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can write insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the differences since it may influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive write business for a single company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Shown below are Miami exclusive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Pamela Brumer
141 Alton Rd – Miami Beach, FL 33139 – (305) 531-1223 – View Map
- Clark Alvarado – State Farm Insurance Agent
5209 NW 36th St – Miami Springs, FL 33166 – (305) 887-9543 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
8514 SW 8th St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 595-2911 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you should always check rates from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Miami that can give you price quotes.
- Leading Insurance Agency
1733 SW 22nd St – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 857-0075 – View Map
- CHECKMARK INSURANCE AGENCY – Auto and Homeowners Insurance Agents
1375 NW 36th St – Miami, FL 33142 – (305) 638-1280 – View Map
- Neighbors Insurance Agency
7149 W Flagler St – Miami, FL 33144 – (786) 401-4820 – View Map
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of insurance helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 10/20/10 that translate to $10,000 bodily injury coverage, $20,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible. Florida state law requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The illustration below shows why low liability limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like rock chips in glass, falling objects and hail damage. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for things like rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and pain medications. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 10/20/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
This coverage covers damage to your Rendezvous caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Rendezvous to get cheaper collision coverage.
Compare insurance rates regularly to save
Low-cost Buick Rendezvous insurance in Miami can be sourced from both online companies and with local Miami insurance agents, so you need to quote Miami auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More tips and info about insurance is located in these articles: