It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest price are very likely to switch car insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey revealed that people who regularly compared rates saved about $72 a month compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If saving the most money on car insurance in Miami is your objective, then having a grasp of how to quote and compare insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find more affordable Kia Soul EV insurance in Miami is to compare quotes annually from insurers who provide auto insurance in Florida.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Kia Soul EV insurance in Miami is to realize most larger insurance companies will pay a fee to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information like how your vehicles are used, driver details, the type of vehicles you drive, and if the car is leased. That rating data is submitted instantly to all major companies and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Kia Soul EV now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies provide free rate quotes in Florida. To locate cheap auto insurance in FL, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some insurers don’t always list every discount very well, so here is a list both well-publicized and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage can earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current Soul EV insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To view insurers with discount insurance rates in Miami, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Miami insurance agency
Many people still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You won’t need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Florida?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
Listed below is a list of insurers in Miami willing to provide rate quotes for Kia Soul EV insurance in Miami.
- Miami Insurance Agency
3313 NW 7th St – Miami, FL 33125 – (305) 541-4553 – View Map
- Globalgreen Insurance Agency
6840 Bird Rd – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 677-8022 – View Map
- Univista Insurance
5811 W Flagler St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 267-7138 – View Map
- Avante Insurance Agency
7490 W Flagler St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 648-7070 – View Map
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Eight Tips to Get Lower-cost Miami Insurance Rates
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with cheaper rates.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
Lower rates with alarms and GPS tracking – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
How much liability insurance – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Vehicles with better crash test results lower premiums – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The performance level of the car or truck you are insuring makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The most favorable rates are usually for lower cost passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
When should you file policy claims? – If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Florida award most affordable rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Poor credit can mean higher premiums – Credit score factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Therefore, if your credit score is not that good, you could save money insuring your Kia Soul EV by taking the time to improve your credit score. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with bad credit.
Raise physical damage deductibles and save – The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims would be colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Lower rates for married couples – Getting married can actually save you money when buying car insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Soul EV in Miami, insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Soul EV, almost every bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia for a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance preserves not only your Kia Soul EV but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Soul EV are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $855 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
What is the best auto insurance company in Miami?
Insuring your vehicle with the best auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Miami. The company ratings below may help you decide which providers to look at when comparing rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to find cheap Kia Soul EV insurance in Miami. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Miami auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, high prices, poor customer service and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Much more information about auto insurance in Florida is available on the following sites:
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Car Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Miami? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)