Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. Florida consumers could save $1,126 each year just by shopping around, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The preferred way to find discount car insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Miami. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One piece of advice is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Do you qualify for discounts on Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in Miami?
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Miami can save a few bucks because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Good Student – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide before your rates go up if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To view companies with the best Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance discounts in Miami in Florida, click here to view.
Compare Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance rates
When comparison shopping, comparing more quotes helps increase your odds of locating more affordable rates. Not every company does online rate quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies offer free quotes in Florida. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What if I total my Hyundai Sonata Hybrid and owe more than it’s worth?
- Should I rate my Hyundai Sonata Hybrid as pleasure use or commute?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Car insurance agents can help
Some consumers still like to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. And supporting small agencies is still important in Miami.
By using this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to the email address you provide. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you need to find a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents to choose from. Miami agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to compare quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Most can insure with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Miami who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Estrella Insurance #114
8615 Biscayne Blvd – Miami, FL 33138 – (305) 757-5900 – View Map
- Univista Insurance
5811 W Flagler St – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 267-7138 – View Map
- Koski and Co. Insurance Agents
9875 Sunset Dr – Miami, FL 33173 – (305) 595-2127 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand legacy rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Miami that can give you price quote information.
- Mario Obregon – State Farm Insurance Agent
6701 Sunset Dr #115 – South Miami, FL 33143 – (305) 661-7667 – View Map
- Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
- Rick Burke – State Farm Insurance Agent
2250 S Dixie Hwy Ste. 2 – Miami, FL 33133 – (305) 860-0616 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How long have they been in business?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
Insuring your Hyundai Sonata Hybrid just makes sense
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Miami, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Hyundai for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to save money.
Auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your Sonata Hybrid from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Sonata Hybrid to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills for things like chiropractic care, EMT expenses, prosthetic devices, nursing services and doctor visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from flooding, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism and hitting a bird. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 10/20/10 that translate to $10,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $20,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as loss of income, emergency aid and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Florida state law requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be adequate.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Florida drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (10/20/10 in Florida), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
Low-cost Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in Miami is possible both online and from local agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to save on Hyundai Sonata Hybrid insurance in Miami. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Hyundai Sonata Hybrid rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Much more information about insurance in Florida can be read on the following sites:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Miami? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)