If you want to save money, the best way to find low-cost prices for Honda CR-Z insurance is to compare prices once a year from providers who can sell car insurance in Miami.
First, read about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and a low credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Click to view companies
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One tip to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
A recent survey discovered that a large majority of auto insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. The average driver in Miami could save roughly 55% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Locating the best insurance company for you in Miami can be much easier if you know how to start. If you currently have auto insurance, you will be able to find better prices using the ideas covered in this article. Consumers just have to use the tricks to buy auto insurance over the internet.
Affordable Miami Honda CR-Z insurance price quotes online
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Miami, FL. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in FL, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons to insure your CR-Z
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Miami, insuring your vehicle is required in Florida but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will force you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average driver in Florida is overpaying more than $855 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Components of Your Honda CR-Z Insurance Rates
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you cheaper rates. Lots of factors are used when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
- No coverage gaps is important – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a guaranteed way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Reduce premiums by staying claim free – Companies in Florida award discounts to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
- Impacts performance impacts auto insurance premiums – The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. The lowest premiums are for the lowest performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Do thieves like your car? – Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a significant other may mean you are more financially stable and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Prices increase with policy add-ons – There are a ton of additional coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Coverages like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Driving citations are costly – Just one moving violation can bump up the cost substantially. Careful drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have received multiple tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
Insurance loss data for a Honda CR-Z – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Honda CR-Z Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
We covered many tips how you can shop for Honda CR-Z insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Honda CR-Z rate quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)