It’s amazing but over 70% of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Miami insurance shoppers could pocket almost 55% a year just by shopping around, but they just feel it’s too hard to do a rate comparison.
Really, the only way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Miami is to regularly compare quotes from companies who provide auto insurance in Florida.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like distracted driving and a negative credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One important bit of advice is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to analyze all possible companies. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, use these techniques to buy cheaper auto insurance and still get good coverage. Our objective is to tell you how car insurance quotes work and how to save the most money. You just need to know the most efficient way to compare rate quotes online.
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Florida. If you want the best auto insurance in Florida, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Hyundai Tiburon in Miami, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will force you to buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your Hyundai and your assets. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Florida overpays more than $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Save money on Hyundai Tiburon insurance in Miami with these insurance discounts
Some providers don’t always advertise all discounts very clearly, so the list below details both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Online Discount – Many insurance companies will provide an incentive simply for signing online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on insurance.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get reduced rates.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your policy premium.
A partial list of companies who may offer most of the discounts above include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Miami. For a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people would rather buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Miami auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Miami should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- When do they do policy reviews?
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in Miami can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out the subtle differences since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents partially due to loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Miami who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Pamela Brumer
141 Alton Rd – Miami Beach, FL 33139 – (305) 531-1223 – View Map
- Gus Figueredo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7950 W Flagler St #103 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 262-0440 – View Map
- Rick Burke – State Farm Insurance Agent
2250 S Dixie Hwy Ste. 2 – Miami, FL 33133 – (305) 860-0616 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can write business through many companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you compare prices from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with small mutual carriers which can be an advantage.
The following are Miami independent agents who can help you get price quotes.
- CHECKMARK INSURANCE AGENCY – Auto and Homeowners Insurance Agents
1375 NW 36th St – Miami, FL 33142 – (305) 638-1280 – View Map
- Alhambra Insurance
932 SW 67th Ave – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 774-9210 – View Map
- Insurecentro (Insurance Agency)
1701 W Flagler St #220 – Miami, FL 33135 – (305) 302-2236 – View Map
Upon receiving positive feedback for all questions you ask and low cost Hyundai Tiburon insurance quotes, most likely you have located an insurance agency that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles.
Compare car insurance rates regularly to save
You just read a lot of ways to shop for Hyundai Tiburon insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Miami auto insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Cost effective Hyundai Tiburon insurance can be sourced from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
As you quote Miami auto insurance, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Single Moms in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)