It’s a known fact that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who shop around for cheaper prices are very likely to move their business because there is a great chance of finding lower prices. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance in Miami is your ultimate goal, then knowing how to shop for insurance rates can save time, money, and frustration.
Truthfully, the best way to save on Dodge Magnum insurance in Miami is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers in Florida. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, read about how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as your driving record and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Miami. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each quote and to quote with every insurance company. This enables an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but some must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Miami auto insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies that may offer policyholders these benefits may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply to policies in Miami. To view insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Miami, click this link.
To find affordable Dodge Magnum insurance quotes, there are several ways to get quotes from many available insurance companies in Florida. By far the easiest way to comparison shop is simply to get online rate quotes.
It’s important to know that comparing all the rates in your area provides better odds of finding a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Miami, FL. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the lowest price.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Dodge Magnum Insurance
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
More than one policy can earn a discount – Most major insurers will award discounts for people that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s always a smart idea to compare other Miami Magnum insurance rates to ensure the best deal. It’s possible to still save more without the discount by splitting coverages up.
Your occupation may affect rates – Jobs such as judges, air traffic controllers, and miners generally have the highest rates in part from job stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations like farmers, athletes and the unemployed get better rates.
Alarms and GPS tracking lower prices – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
Remove unneeded incidental coverages – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that you can buy on your Magnum policy. Things like personal injury protection, towing, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them remove them and pocket the money.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Miami car insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to companies in Miami that can give you free Miami auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find better rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- What discounts might you be missing?
What type of Miami auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Miami that can give you price quote information.
- Mario Obregon – State Farm Insurance Agent
6701 Sunset Dr #115 – South Miami, FL 33143 – (305) 661-7667 – View Map
- Rick Burke – State Farm Insurance Agent
2250 S Dixie Hwy Ste. 2 – Miami, FL 33133 – (305) 860-0616 – View Map
- Gus Figueredo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7950 W Flagler St #103 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 262-0440 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you will want to check rates from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are Miami independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Alhambra Insurance
932 SW 67th Ave – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 774-9210 – View Map
- AV Insurance Agency Inc
2497 NW 79th St – Miami, FL 33147 – (305) 696-2291 – View Map
- Estrella Insurance #101
3750 W Flagler St – Miami, FL 33134 – (305) 446-6822 – View Map
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Miami, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Florida and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will require that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Magnum more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Cheap insurance prices are available
We just presented some good ideas how to find affordable Dodge Magnum insurance in Miami. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the best rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
Budget-friendly insurance in Miami is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is easier than you think.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Miami Car Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Forester in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Nurses in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Business Use in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Miami? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)