It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who shop around are likely to switch to a new company because of the good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A study discovered that people who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Dodge Dakota insurance is your goal, then having some knowledge of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can help make the process easier.
The easiest way to get affordable car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies that insure vehicles in Miami. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and bad credit can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Dakota coverage is available in Miami. If you can save some money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Quoting the best-priced insurance coverage in Miami is quite easy. If you’re already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you will benefit by learning to cut your premiums without sacrificing coverage. Vehicle owners only need to know the proper methods to shop their coverage around online.
Auto insurance statistics for a Dodge Dakota
The coverage information shown below covers different insurance prices for Dodge Dakota models. Understanding more about how insurance policy rates are formulated can be of help when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$312||$668||$704||$42||$210||$1,936||$161|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$312||$668||$704||$42||$210||$1,936||$161|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$358||$668||$704||$42||$210||$1,982||$165|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$358||$668||$704||$42||$210||$1,982||$165|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$358||$788||$704||$42||$210||$2,102||$175|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$358||$788||$704||$42||$210||$2,102||$175|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$404||$668||$564||$34||$168||$1,838||$153|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$404||$668||$564||$34||$168||$1,838||$153|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$404||$788||$704||$42||$210||$2,148||$179|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$404||$668||$564||$34||$168||$1,838||$153|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$404||$668||$564||$34||$168||$1,838||$153|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$404||$668||$564||$34||$168||$1,838||$153|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$404||$788||$564||$34||$168||$1,958||$163|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$404||$788||$564||$34||$168||$1,958||$163|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$404||$788||$564||$34||$168||$1,958||$163|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$450||$788||$564||$34||$168||$2,004||$167|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in Miami location which can impact coverage rates significantly.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The chart below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can raise Dodge Dakota insurance prices for different age groups. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Dakota auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Florida minimum liability coverage. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There isn’t a written rule to exclude full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Dakota replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Get discounts on Miami auto insurance
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Miami car insurance online.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- No Claim Discounts – Miami drivers who stay claim-free pay less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you may earn up to 20% off your total Dakota insurance premium.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Student in College – Children living away from Miami attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Professional Organizations – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Miami car insurance quote.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Miami car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Dakota car insurance costs with and without discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Florida state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
To locate companies who offer free Dodge Dakota insurance quotes in Florida, click here to view.
Parts of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Comprehensive coverage – This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability – This will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 10/20/10 that means you have a $10,000 limit per person for injuries, $20,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things like medical services, structural damage, medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Florida state minimum liability requirements are 10/20/10 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Dodge Dakota.
Since many Florida drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (10/20/10 in Florida), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Dakota resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail, rolling your car and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Dakota to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses such as ambulance fees, EMT expenses, funeral costs, hospital visits and pain medications. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
We just showed you a lot of information how to shop for Dodge Dakota insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Miami car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Discount Dodge Dakota insurance in Miami can be purchased on the web in addition to many Miami insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Much are Miami Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Miami? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Miami? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)