It’s astonishing, but over 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Miami could save about $1,130 each year, but they won’t spend time to shop their coverage around.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Miami is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers in Florida. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as traffic violations, accidents, and bad credit can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Read the full article for tips to get lower rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies. Compare rates
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One thing to remember is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
If you’re already insured or need new coverage, use these techniques to buy cheaper insurance without reducing protection. Buying affordable insurance in Miami is really not that difficult. Smart buyers only need to know the most efficient way to shop over the internet.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Miami, FL. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in Florida, we suggest you get rates from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
These discounts can cut Dodge Avenger insurance rates
Some insurers do not list the entire discount list very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current Avenger insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Miami auto insurance online.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Dodge may enable drivers to earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below shows the difference between Dodge Avenger insurance prices with and without some available policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Florida state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
Companies and a selection of discounts include:
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for 55 and retired, safe driver, youthful driver, multi-policy, and renewal discount.
- MetLife includes discounts for defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, multi-policy, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
- American Family may include discounts for early bird, good student, accident-free, bundled insurance, good driver, and air bags.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, driver training, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has discounts for driver’s education, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, good student, and multiple autos.
If you need low cost Miami auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Miami.
Detailed insurance information
The information shown next showcases different insurance premium costs for Dodge Avenger models. Learning how insurance policy premiums are figured is important for making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific Miami garaging location which can decrease or increase premiums greatly.
Gender-based insurance rates by age in Miami
The chart below compares Dodge Avenger insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Avenger car insurance costs with and without full coverage. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no set guideline of when to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Avenger settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this simple form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area that can give you free Miami auto insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you directly. In the event you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- What companies can they write with?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How long has the business existed?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
When searching for a good Miami insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can provide insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Miami who can help you get price quote information.
Rick Gonzalez – State Farm Insurance Agent
8830 Coral Way – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 226-3412 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to check rates from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below are independent agencies in Miami that can give you rate quotes.
Globalgreen Insurance Agency
6840 Bird Rd – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 677-8022 – View Map
Once you have good responses to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles. But remember, you can cancel coverage whenever you choose to so don’t assume that you are permanently stuck with a policy indefinitely.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What is GAP insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance Cost Influencing Factors
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
Employer stress can make you pay more – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Careers such as military personnel, police officers, and stock brokers generally have the highest rates attributed to intense work requirements and long work days. Conversely, jobs like farmers, students and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Higher physical damage deductibles are cheaper – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your Dodge. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, flood damage, or theft. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Location can influence price – Residing in a rural area can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Residents of big cities tend to have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Accidents cost more than a fine – Being a careful driver has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Even a single speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. People who have dangerous violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents influence Dodge Avenger car insurance costs for different age categories. The information is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Filing auto insurance claims can cost you more – If you file claims often, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Florida give most affordable rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
Three good reasons to insure your Dodge vehicle
Despite the high cost, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Florida these limits are 10/20/10 which means you must have $10,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge Avenger has a lienholder, most banks will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Florida is overpaying more than $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Quote. Compare. Save.
We just presented many ideas to compare Dodge Avenger insurance prices in Miami. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Miami auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, denial of a claim, poor customer service and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
Some insurance providers do not offer online rate quotes and these smaller providers sell through independent agents. Budget-friendly insurance in Miami can be sourced on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional insurance information is available below:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Miami Car Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)