If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Miami is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Florida.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents and an unacceptable credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. This article gives ideas to prevent high prices and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Shelby GT350 coverage is available in Miami. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. Be sure to place your new certificate verifying coverage with your registration paperwork.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Sadly, the majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in the U.S. could save almost $859 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to go online and compare rates.
Companies offering cheap Ford Shelby GT350 rates in Miami, FL
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Miami, FL. To find the best cheap auto insurance in FL, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Miami insurance discounts for a Ford Shelby GT350
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some must be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Shelby GT350 can save you some money because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Smart Student Discounts – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Miami auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Resident Student – Older children who are attending college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Low Mileage – Driving less could earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a safe driver class could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount should help reduce your premiums.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, good student, defensive driving training, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for alternative fuel, mature driver, distant student, switch companies, teen driver, multi-car, and bundle discounts.
- GEICO includes discounts for air bags, driver training, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, and federal employee.
- American Family offers discounts including defensive driver, mySafetyValet, good student, early bird, accident-free, bundled insurance, and air bags.
- Nationwide has discounts for defensive driving, easy pay, business or organization, accident-free, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To locate providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Miami, click here.
Do I need an insurance agent?
A lot of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Miami.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to participating agents in Miami that provide free Miami auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find local Miami agents, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they work. Insurance agencies in Miami are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can write business with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Miami that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
- Tadeo Insurance Agency, Inc.
9120 SW 40th St – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 553-1760 – View Map
- Sunshine Insurance Agency Inc
2595 SW 87th Ave – Miami, FL 33165 – (305) 559-7873 – View Map
- Universe Insurance Agency, Inc.
1563 NW 27th Ave – Miami, FL 33125 – (305) 633-6111 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to the prominent brand name instead of buying on price only.
Listed below are Miami exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Gus Figueredo – State Farm Insurance Agent
7950 W Flagler St #103 – Miami, FL 33144 – (305) 262-0440 – View Map
- State Farm: Carlos Luis
6001 Bird Rd – Miami, FL 33155 – (305) 663-2300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ramon Balladares
2455 SW 27th Ave #210 – Miami, FL 33145 – (305) 859-8556 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Florida?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
Florida car insurance companies
Ending up with the highest-rated insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Florida. The ranking information in the lists below can help you select which companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Top 10 Miami Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Learn about auto insurance coverages for a Ford Shelby GT350
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Ford Shelby GT350.
Due to the fact that many Florida drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Florida limits are 10/20/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your Shelby GT350 caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Shelby GT350 to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 10/20/10 that means you have $10,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $20,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as attorney fees, legal defense fees, structural damage and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Florida requires minimum liability limits of 10/20/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why low liability limits may not be adequate.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses such as prosthetic devices, nursing services, hospital visits, pain medications and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as rock chips in glass, hail damage and hitting a bird. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
You can lower your insurance rates
As you quote Miami auto insurance, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent or even high prices. No matter why you want to switch, switching insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Low-cost Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Miami is possible both online as well as from independent agents in Miami, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
More detailed insurance information can be read in these articles: