Chevy Traverse insurance image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
The recommended way to get affordable Chevy Traverse insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers in Miami.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that cause high rates such as speeding and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save money and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Remarkably, a study showed that about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers can cut their rates by almost $850 a year, but they don't know the amount of savings they would get if they switched.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Miami can really be easy if you know what you're doing. If you are already insured, you should be able to get lower rates using these tips. Drivers just have to use the least time-consuming way to get comparison rates from many different companies.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
When buying car insurance it's important to understand a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower car insurance prices. Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but others are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Vehicles with better crash test results means lower premiums - Safe vehicles cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
Men are more aggressive - Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn't necessarily mean that women are better drivers. They both are in auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Chevy Traverse auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Don't let your coverage lapse - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Florida motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Insurance rates in urban areas - Being located in a rural area is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. People who live in big cities tend to have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Car insurance liability limits - Liability insurance kicks in if ever you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy's liability insurance provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
Insurance loss data for Chevy Traverse vehicles - Car insurance companies analyze the history of losses when determining insurance rates. Models that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Chevy Traverse vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Traverse Vehicles Specific Chevrolet Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 2WD 75 101 72 93 90 90 Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 4WD 72 91 82 78 76 78BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance rate breakdown
The price information displayed below outlines a range of prices for Chevy Traverse models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy rates are established can be valuable when making smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Traverse LS 2WD||$312||$438||$362||$22||$108||$1,242||$104|
|Traverse LS AWD||$352||$438||$362||$22||$108||$1,282||$107|
|Traverse LT 2WD||$352||$438||$362||$22||$108||$1,282||$107|
|Traverse LT AWD||$352||$532||$362||$22||$108||$1,376||$115|
|Traverse LTZ 2WD||$352||$532||$362||$22||$108||$1,376||$115|
|Traverse LTZ AWD||$352||$532||$362||$22||$108||$1,376||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Florida minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can alter auto insurance rates noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Chevy Traverse insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The chart below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions influence Chevy Traverse car insurance rates for each different age category. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Chevy Traverse insurance in Miami
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Senior Citizens - If you're over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Miami car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Onboard Data Collection - Insureds who allow their company to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- College Student Discount - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- No Accidents - Miami drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Paperless Signup - Certain companies give back up to $50 get Miami car insurance on the web.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your policy cost.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Traverse auto insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Florida state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A partial list of companies who might offer most of these discounts include:
When quoting, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with the best discounts in Florida, click here to view.
Cheap rates are available
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can shop for Chevy Traverse insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Budget-conscious Chevy Traverse insurance is possible online and also from your neighborhood Miami agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Miami Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Nissan Versa in Miami? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Business Use in Miami? (FAQ)
- How Much are Miami Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)